★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Citadel. Built in 1986 by a lunatic and left undiscovered, decomposing for 30 long years. You are its first victim!

This full version of Citadel 1986 features all 37 areas contained within one huge map. Your purchase also helps me to write more games. Thanks : )

Features:
- One giant map of 8-bit platform game goodness.
- Collect keys, jump over random everyday objects.
- Increase the game's speed to improve your time.
- Use your hugs to turn a giant teddy bear good.

For more of my iOS games please visit/follow:
ClockworkPixels.com
@ClockworkPixels

Clockwork Pixels's comments:
Hello, I've just released my new game, Citadel 1986, on the App Store. It's a retro platform game in the style of the old Commodore 64 games that got me into coding.

You can find a free 'lite' edition here : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1079844395 : although, being the developer, I highly recommend the paid ($0.99) edition

It's been a while since I've released a new game, I hope you like it ... please let me know
George

04-21-2017, 04:28 AM
ERMAHGAWD. NEW CLOCKWORK PIXELS!?!?!? What in the world is going on. It HAS been ages! George!!!

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

04-21-2017, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
ERMAHGAWD. NEW CLOCKWORK PIXELS!?!?!? What in the world is going on. It HAS been ages! George!!!
I know, it's been at least a couple of years ... it's great to see you're still around, I've missed posting here

I've been developing stuff all this time, just not releasing it ... not entirely sure why.
04-21-2017, 05:10 AM
Keep doing what you do, George, because it's quite evident that you can do no wrong. I remember thinking "dual stick shooter from a guy who makes puzzle games?!?" back when Darkside came out and now...we'll, you've just proven you can also nail platformers!

Great game so far. Just hit area 9 and I'm still very weirded out and confused. Just like with DISTRAINT yesterday, I'm also very invested in seeing what happens at the end of this. It's sort of like a linear metroidvania, maybe? Definitely could imagine it on a 2600. Brilliant music too.

Also, offering this at a buck is nuts man!

04-21-2017, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Pixels View Post
I know, it's been at least a couple of years ... it's great to see you're still around, I've missed posting here

I've been developing stuff all this time, just not releasing it ... not entirely sure why.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we've missed having you around here. Also, release EVERYTHING dude. You're so damn talented.

04-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Just hit area 9 and I'm still very weirded out and confused.
Wait, level 9? That means you bought it ... thank you

The game's inspired by 'Son of Blagger' on the C64. It was the first time I'd seen a large scrolling world like that, and it blew me away that you could see later parts of the map from early on in the game ... so that's what I've tried to recreate. It is a linear game though, unless you mess up and fall into an earlier stage!

Quote:
Brilliant music too.
Music was written by my computer, so can't claim credit there. Speech is by a C64 synthesiser too, had fun with that.

Quote:
Also, offering this at a buck is nuts man!
Concidering everything is now free, $1 is extortionate ... ah, I remember now why I stopped releasing stuff

Thanks again,
George
04-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Im going to buy this for no other reason than you updated Kitten Sanctuary. Thank you!
04-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Metalcasket you are so spot on as an old school gamer i totally agree
bought instantly after reading the description and metalcaskets review
04-21-2017, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
Im going to buy this for no other reason than you updated Kitten Sanctuary. Thank you!
they have updated all of their games
been app gaming a while and I have never heard of this dev but I am down to get a few games now
how is kitten sanctuary?
04-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
they have updated all of their games
been app gaming a while and I have never heard of this dev but I am down to get a few games now
how is kitten sanctuary?
It's an adorable non-stressful matching game experience. Of course you must love kittens. But he also has a Puppy Sanctuary game. And lite versions to try out.