Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. FragglePants

FragglePants Member

May 2, 2011
    Yeah, Stamin-Up is good for outrunning zombie groups, but also annoying as some of the monkeys tend to go off to attack that rather than all going to the Revive. I'll check out the sickle next time, thanks!

2. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Game is great but can someone tell me when the game gets really challenging? I have a packapunched thundergun and raygun and those bomb things and I'm on wave 50 and the game has been a breeze. I'm on regular difficulty btw... does the game ever get really challenging around a certain wave?

3. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I tried it on my friend's iPhone 4 and it's runnign fine... jsut msake sure the multitasking bar is cleared and if you really want to be careful restart the phone

4. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Yes it runs fine on iphone 4 while zombies are very small numbers. But once you past wave 5, the laggy frame rate and constant stutter really ruin the experince. It's not even 50% as smooth as WaW is. Online is even worst with lag. I don't even play that any more.

Activision wAnts us to believe that the iPhone 4 is just not powerful enough to run this game well. But I find this very hard to believe when games like Sky gamblers, Real Racing 2, Modern Combat 3, and many others have even bigger environments, multiple characters on screen consistently, full retina, and they all still manage to run faboulously on the iPhone 4. So they need to optimize this game a whole lot more.

5. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    That's your problem right there, regular difficulty is too easy, you have to be on Veteran mode. The zombies are a lot faster, way more of a challenge.

6. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I hope the devs bring out a patch for the running out of the map bug. Several times using Stamin up. I have accidentally ran out of map. Usually I have been in a good position with all my perks, at a higher round, just being chased by zombies and then get caught out of map.

I'm sure they will patch it eventually.

7. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    only reason why it lags on iphone 4 is cuz it has to render and animate 30ish zombies on screen if you allow them to hoard up, theres just too many zombies to render and animate for the A4 but the lag will reduce if you blow their legs off or cut down the hoard numbers

8. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    How come when i play multiplayer the other person ends up leaving i have yet to play a match with 4 ppl and the voice chat is static i cant hear what the other person is saying. I am on an ipad 2 btw. The voice chat needs fixing after one round or so the ther person leaves wtf

9. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I hate to admit this but the multiplayer works much better on COD WAW zombies. People usually stick around for more than 5 rounds.

At the time, I thought voice chat is going to be awesome for iOS zombies but it hasn't worked that way. Usually you pair up with someone with annoying static, music, or 3 brothers or sisters in the back ground screaming so you can't hear a word. I end up leaving.

I also agree, you can never have more than 2 players with Black ops zombies. Hopefully they can work on this next update.

Note: I've been playing COD WAW zombies lately, the game is still really good. Maps are simpler but in many ways this game with all 4 maps is better than Black ops zombies. Even though I think Black ops is awesome.

Still very cool, to be able to play both zombie games !!

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    what's the highest round you've made it to on cod waw (& what map) and on black ops? should be about 2 weeks when i get my new itouch, i've already sent you an gamecenter friend invite. my gamecenter id is-personunknown

11. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I've made it to 109 Der Riese, 153 SNN, 62 Verruckt, 44 Nacht der Untoten.

Black ops Zombies, So far I've got to 40 something on Kino, same with Ascension 41. On both of these Black ops maps my device crashed or with Ascension, out of map bug. Therefore I would have got to very high rounds on Veteran mode.

Could have gone higher on a lot of these maps but don't have the time right now. Anyway I don't hack so all these rounds are legit.

Yes, I accepted your invite. When you get your device we can play.

12. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Has anyone heard any news on retina update for iPad or a new map?

13. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Bugfix update is out!
    It fixed the hole in ascension and crashes.

14. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Subscribing lol

Add me on GC and lenme know if you wanna play

K1lljoy_89

15. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

There was an out of map bug? How did it work?

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    How does this run on a 4G? Is there retina?

17. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How is this Directors cut version of Call of the Dead different from the console version?

18. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Director's cut includes the original characters (nikolai, richtofen, etc) not with the movie acotrs.

19. woah c0replay your still here? havent uploaded in a while :/

~Ajay

20. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Heheh, yeah i'm still here. I finally moved, but currently have no house, so can't really make videos atm.

Anyways, the update is GREAT! They fixed the shooting mechanics making it easier to auto fire, and cotd is great. Upsetting to see we don't get to play as the characters that were included for the console/pc version. I'll see if you are able to do the easter egg later.. This might be the last map for boz ios... It doesn't say coming soon any more...