★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Game Impressions

With all the intuitive depth of combat, beautiful art, and charming dialogue I had hoped for, Battleheart Legacy proved to be one of my favorite app games ever. It's a lot like the Fable series for Xbox, except on a smaller scale (literally), and I was a huge fan of Fable.

That said, I felt the content in Battleheart Legacy was a little slim, compared to what it could have been. There were like 5 quests of note, besides the main one. I would have paid for a bundle of additional content, I liked it so much.. But no additional content was ever released, and as a result the game feels incomplete. For instance, in the Ninja village I couldn't even have a conversation with my favorite character in the game Eliza, and I couldn't even go inside the ninja buildings! Additionly there are doors that never unlock at the castle, and the cartel quest never moved past being a "teaser." So that just seems really rushed, like they were maybe going to do more but ran out of time. So, the game would lose at least a point or more from my rating for that reason. I didn't like how I couldn't enter the castle after the end of the game unless I just wanted to re-do the boss battle. Little things like that add up, especially considering that there were never any content updates. It feels like someone just kind of took the money, content to leave the project without going the extra mile.

So where this could have truly been a landmark RPG for mobile gaming, it ended up just being mostly solid. What could have truly been a "legacy" seems to have gotten tossed to the wayside, sadly. But who knows, maybe Mika will come out with a new game or something. Though, this feels like it was meant to be their capstone project for the Battleheart title.

-Skyler Knopp

Last edited by AuburnSky; 03-19-2015 at 12:49 AM.
03-19-2015, 12:59 AM
I see what ya mean, but you need to keep in mind who developed the game. Mika Mobile.

They create simple and casual iOS games. Sure this game runs on, I assume, a different engine that brought a whole new art style and more intuitive combat; but dont let all of that trick you, the developer is still Mika Mobile.

They like things simple and snazzy which is exactly what BHL is.

If youre looking for something with more depth, im sure the new Aralon will not disappoint

03-19-2015, 01:33 PM
I have some issue when I try to entering certain zone, like for instance the city of the castle or big dungeon (lvl28), the game crash.
Does any one have an explanation ?
03-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Classified
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheno View Post
I have some issue when I try to entering certain zone, like for instance the city of the castle or big dungeon (lvl28), the game crash.
Does any one have an explanation ?
Nope.
Sorry but I've actually never heard of this happening. Maybe your device just ran out of RAM.
Try clearing up your multitask bar.
When all else fails, "have you tried turning it on and off again?"

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...but so is tomorrow...
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Man wish this game had some content updates.
05-26-2015, 06:06 PM
This thing is ranked 20 under role playing games section in the US store man and has been around there since release. Why there hasnt been a million updates like I had hoped I will never know
05-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
This thing is ranked 20 under role playing games section in the US store man and has been around there since release. Why there hasnt been a million updates like I had hoped I will never know
Well, I'm pretty sure it's a small studio, and it's hard for a small studio to make updates and stay profitable. Either it's a labor of love and they use all of their spare time after their day job so they can give it to us for free, or they charge for an update to pay for rent and groceries, and they get a million bad reviews complaining that it should be free.

As much as I'd love an update, I understand.
05-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,291
I'm not hoping much of a content update so much as a big fix update. I have so many unresolved quests due to bugs.
05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheebers View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure it's a small studio, and it's hard for a small studio to make updates and stay profitable. Either it's a labor of love and they use all of their spare time after their day job so they can give it to us for free, or they charge for an update to pay for rent and groceries, and they get a million bad reviews complaining that it should be free.

As much as I'd love an update, I understand.
I know but the first one got like at least 5-10 updates so thats why I am wondering what happened here.