Red Dead Redemption??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bmanashe3, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I love Red Dead Redemption on the PS3....Do you guys think that there will be a similar style game for the ios anytime soon? (Obviously not with the same graphics, etc...although I understand that red dead uses the Unreal engine, right??)

If anyone can do it, I think Gameloft can, and I hope they will!

Your thoughts??

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Aralon is an upcoming RPG-type game with a huge open world and lots and lots of items, rideable animals, customizable characters and loads more.

I know it's not like RDR but it's a huge impressive game that's coming soon you should look into it.

3. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, I have been following that game, and it was actually the recently released in game footage that made we think of RDR...Seeing him ride the horse and everything. But i think RDR is quite a bit different......But yeah, Aralon will defo be an instabuy for me when it is released!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, it's not really like RDR, but it's definitely a revolutionary game and changes the way we look at games on the iOS, so who knows, maybe after Aralon will come a game like RDR.

5. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Red Dead: Redemption uses the euphoria engine, not the unreal engine.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I can see it now.... Red Alive Western Gun.

7. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yep and Euphoria is a lot more powerful. Euphoria does not run on the iPhone though, so if Red Dead were to be released for the iPhone it would probably use Morpheme like Backbreaker: Tackle Alley does.

Oh and please not GameLoft, I hate their gameplay. How about Ideaworks?

8. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    RDR runs on the RAGE engine.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thank you. I was about to seriously patronize everyone. The game engine is RAGE, the animation engine is Euphoria. Therefore not even essential in an iPhone game, just script it all and it'll be fine.