OLO Game -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I believe this game had been in the new and noteworthy section in the iTunes store. It might not be free yet, but it will be.

OLO game

Rogue Games
    *** App Store Game of the Year 2012 - Runner-Up *** *** App Store Editors' Choice (Worldwide) *** *** #1 Game in 22 cou…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** App Store Game of the Year 2012 - Runner-Up *** *** App Store Editors' Choice (Worldwide) *** *** #1 Game in 22 countries *** OLO is an addictive game of skill and strategy, a new generation social board game for all ages. Play with up to three friends on one device. 

The aim is to get as many of your OLOs into your target zone. Use cunning techniques to outmanoeuvre your opponent and claim victory, but beware the death finger! 

Reviews: 
 “OLO is one of the classiest productions you'll ever see on iOS, a minimalist multiplayer game that's as achingly gorgeous as it is perfectly tuned” – Eurogamer “A nearly perfect multiplayer game that's as simple as it is beautiful” – Slide to Play 
“10/10. Its amazing that how a very simple concept can be so entertaining and addictive” – Action Radius 
“Internet craze OLO, 'the Skee-Ball for the 21st century'” – The Daily Mail 
 “Puzzling Fun for the Whole Family” – iPhoneAlley 

Features: - Fresh minimal design 
 - Two player 
 - Four player - Beautiful soundscape 
 - Many colour themes
    Information
    Seller:Rogue Games
    Genre:Board, Family, Strategy
    Release:Jun 07, 2012
    Updated:Sep 04, 2020
    Version:2.0.0
    Size:99.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Hands down, one of the best casual 2-player-on-1-iPad games out there. Free? Thank you!

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I wasn't to impressed with this, no single player, there was nobody online to play against and having only an iPod touch made this game a bit of a let down. I can see the fun to be had with 2 players on an iPad though.
    Either Async online or some kind of AI would make this a bit better.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I want to thank the dev for making this free. I've had a great time playing this with my son.m

5. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Great game!!! while I agree about the multiplayer comment, i wasnt expecting many people to be online anyway- but the one game i played was fun. Rather, this was a blast to play with my girl while waiting in the lines at disney world. Simple, slick, and the interesting rules make for some good strategy between different sized pieces and whatnot. Worth the money!

6. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Remember seeing this as a featured game on a couple of sites. Grabbing it, will load it up on my iPad since it's probably rubbish on the iPod

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Definitely a must-get, especially for those with an iPad. :)

8. Sennep

Sennep Member

Feb 28, 2012
    London
  9. neo_

neo_ Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    What a fantastic game. Such clean and neat layout. Only problem I had was no online players were available. Would be more ideal for iPad than iPod/iPhone.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Free again.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, Royce.

12. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Very simple to play, nice game. Thank for head-up.

13. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

FREE again!

One of our preferred local multiplayer games. Will never leave our devices. Very recommended! Full premium btw.

Video:
    http://vimeo.com/38498748