Universal Blitz Brigade (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Feb 7, 2013.

1. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Just saw on the news that 48 hours after this game was released, France surrendered. Again.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well maybe this is like e.t and will be the next dump at a land field just digital

3. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Game Impressions

So after playing with the game, I can summarize it in one sentence only: A great game, ruined.

It's really such a fantastic game, and you can tell the developers have worked hard on it. The graphics are fun and look great, the physics and controls are excellent, the mixture of gameplay with TF2 and Battlefield has really worked well with this, plus the servers and latency wasn't bad at all. As an online FPS game, I think this COULD'VE been one of the top FPS games to arrive to the App Store.

I said COULD'VE because it's impossible to recommend this game, all due to that utterly ridiculous payment system. IAPs are so badly baked into this game, that you simply can't enjoy it. Everything inside the game costs coins, and coins are ONLY gained through real money with IAPs. Even something as basic as joining a server, which costs 1 coin. So what if someday you joined a server, and after 2 minutes someone called for you and you had to close the app? Or what if your internet got disconnected after less than 5 minutes of paying 1 coin to join the game? Real money would be lost on NOTHING!

I would happily pay $4.99 for this game without the IAPs, but I know this won't happen. The new trend in the App Store is Free-To-Play and IAPs. But this time around, Gameloft has crossed the red line here. IAPs are meant to make the game easier on the player, or to access certain features in the game, but not to the extent to not let players play the actual game without paying for those coins!

Such a shame really. When I first saw this, I thought it was just a bad TF2 rip-off. It turned out to be a fantastically-developed game though, but Gameloft's new scamming IAPs system completely ruined it.

Rating: 1/5

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Single player is a bore and multiplayer I can't connect to.

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    The funny thing is Gameloft will make more off this crap then what they did on mc4 SMFH

6. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This ga,e is the best FPS on iOS. Just it's ruined...I hope gameloft gets smart and fixes this...quality game here people.dumb IAP will ruin the AppStore...

7. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    This could be one of the best games on the appstore but greedy gameloft ruined it. You need coins to play the game and - surprise- coins require real money. I don't know how did they believe they can earn money with this. Nobody would play this, even it is a great game.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hope not.

9. AL1R3ZA

AL1R3ZA Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Homeless :D
    IRAN
    Well the graphics(best fps seen on iOS), gameplay, servers are amazing but iAPs system make it crap!
    Maybe GL tested it on France and maybe they make iAPs cheaper in worldwide... It's why they publish it first on France!

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm hoping you're right and the system will be made more fair for the worldwide release.

11. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    It truly is a great game. So much potential, and it's all been wasted.

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm pretty sure it'll release world wide in the same manner knowing them. They're not big on lowering in app prices.

13. Trautman

Trautman Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Fukuoka, Japan
    Blitz Brigade is released tonight?

14. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I dont know. I hope so :)

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    #55 Enjoo, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Maybe this or next Thursday...

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm excited for this to come out just to read the reviews tearing it limb from limb.

17. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Kind of hoping this soft launch is just to see public response to gameplay & iAP, and they take this and mold the game to a much easier going iAP system and an initial starting price.

18. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Just started game up to use my last tokens, and I hap 999 left!!! Checked the I ap, and all token sets cost 0 diamonds! Stocked up, just I case. Am I the only one?

19. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Lol! Great find. I got 9999 of them. Hope it isn't reset.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Blitz Brigade doesn't require any tokens now. That's a step (albeit small) in the right direction at least...