Universal Sometimes You Die (by Philipp Stollenmayer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 26, 2014.

1. truechicken

truechicken Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    i updated it but nothing seemed to change

2. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    Well since nothing in the game changed I made a tutorial on how to truly overcome death.

https://vimeo.com/99793343

ps. what I'm doing from second 16 and on is to frenetically touch the tutorial button "?" and the jump área at the same time.

ps. the video will be avaiable on vimeo half an hour from now.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, I've redownloaded, played all the way through again, got my pause button back, made it to the end, then the impossible room and back again with zero deaths, but that's not making any difference. I'm sure there'll be something in there somewhere, but I don't know where to look!

4. Stevoisiak

Stevoisiak Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Oddly enough, I played the game for the first time today since it was on sale, and I got the prologue room on my first run. No idea why I didn't get it on my subsequent runs.

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before ... Does it have iCloud support? Thanks!

6. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Where does the prologue room show? Do we need to reinstall and start from scratch?

7. Rjh

Rjh New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Okay guys, here's a full guide concerning the prologue up to where I've gotten, complete with hints:
    Entrance to the prologue:
    the entrance is marked by an arrow pointing down in one of the first rooms in the game
    Hint to how to beat the prologue:
    check behind the light in each room
    More obvious hint how to beat the prologue:
    my code was 9240226, but it may change
    What to do when done:
    Once you get the message from the developer, don't touch it and flip upside down.
    What to do when done, continued:
    go through the dungeon, reading the messages. Good job on these btw, mr. Stollenmayer.
    The end:
    there is a message at the end hinting at something changing in the orange rooms.
    My question:
    I went to the pause button room, but nothing seems to have changed.this is where I'm stuck.

8. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    haha nice! found the prologue

played again. nice measages. I too didnt find anything different in the orange dungeon.

hey im sad! i was the first to discover the secret room, i want credits!! haha

9. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    went back to the orange dungeon and now it appeared:

sketches of the game creation

10. Rjh

Rjh New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    #90 Rjh, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    Was it in the
    pause button room
    ? Or along the way? I've searched the entirety of the dungeon.

11. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    its everywhere. try to restart the game. maybe float around a little, make zero deaths using the glitch.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So I finally picked this up and it's cool but doesn't seem very challenging yet. What is the point of the game? Are there levels or is it just open ended.

13. Rjh

Rjh New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    I restarted the game, and that seemed to do the trick. Thank you.
    Your suggestion of trying to do the zero deaths glitch reminded me of another topic: has the wall trespassing glitch been patched? I haven't been able to do it in any room since I visited the impossible room, around maybe two months ago. I just tried the glitch again and it still doesn't seem to go through the ceiling.

To answer your question, rich, this game is open ended, but not really. What I mean by that is, once you beat all of the main levels, your reward makes it more open-ended. It will make sense once you get there.

14. truechicken

Mar 20, 2014
    well its was already a little bit harder to trespass ceilings. now, i think its undoable. buuuut its still possible if you combine the jump glitch with room changing horizontally. i made a video on how to beat the game in less than a minute with a fresh install (new version):
    https://vimeo.com/99793343

15. Rjh

Rjh New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Yes, that's how i got zero deaths in the first place. Btw, do you have any idea what the zero death reward image is called? Never seen that meme before.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    New chapter in the update. It says to complete the game and look for the white arrow in the first chapter, but I haven't seen it. Anyone have success accessing the new chapter?

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    As far as I can tell, this update is referring to the same new content as the last update in July. The reference to the white arrow is in the release note for that update, not the new one.

It actually appears to be a red arrow you should be looking for now. There are bigger spoilers on the previous page of this thread if you still can't find it.

18. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks for clearing that up, I can stop looking now. I've been through the red arrow epilogue, even looked for the "white arrow" in there lol

19. kamibox

kamibox Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Sorry for the confusion, the last update added support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and made a few minor changes, but no new levels. This referred to the last update, since only one update description can be show in the App Store.
    (I changed the App Store description to make that clear)

20. snowygal123

snowygal123 New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    SE Asia
    H e l p

My head might just explode after reading almost all the posts regarding the impossible room. It frustrates me that I still have no idea how to get this "go through walls" thing to work. I really need precise and detailed help with this. I got the pause function and I've finished the Prologue section too. Oh and another thing. That level where we have to pass by going through the spikes, remember?
    The developer messages said that there was another way to make it to the next place but not through the spikes. I didn't know so I just walked past the spikes like before. And then the new developer said something like "have you figured it out". Could it actually be that frustrating wall-passing thing?
    I HAVE NOT FIGURED IT OUT.

-desperately awaits help-