Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that happen lol

2. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Hmm, I'll pay a visit and make sure the world stays open for business

3. nicodemus82

#23 nicodemus82, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Ummm I don't know what just happened, but apparently I'm banned??
    All I was doing was planting trees in my world when this happened so I don't get it :confused:

EDIT: I was just reading on the Google Play reviews that this has also happened to other people too for no apparent reason. I really hope this get's fixed as I was quite enjoying the little bit that I got to play.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The connection either needs to be stable or be offline so far I got kicked off 5 times in 15 mins

5. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    <checks server logs>

Server banned Nico82 (with email matching your name) for attempting to buy IAP using iAP Cracker. This is a 100% positive identification, you are busted sir.

I unbanned ya, but seriously, don't do that.

6. nicodemus82

Hang on, are you sure? I don't even have a IAP Cracker installed (I did install one a while back for use in a certain game that forced you to buy IAP's, but I uninstalled it soon after)

7. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Taking a break from the chaos of the toucharcade world lol. Have some more combinations to test so I can add the next section to my seediary. Need to decide how to sort out my inventory first, though. Practically full and I'm far from the 3600 gems for the next expansion lol.

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Might still be in your profile

9. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    I'm absolutely sure it's still installed. It has a very unique "signature" of sorts.

10. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Hmm. Anybody else having connection problems? Looks ok from this side.

11. nicodemus82

#31 nicodemus82, Jan 11, 2013
    Well, I certainly remember uninstalling it and even Cydia is showing that it's not installed. Is there any way to check if it didn't uninstall correctly? I really don't want it to cause me any problems in the future.

12. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #32 Tannorexic, Jan 11, 2013
    I love this game. I'm addicted ^_^

13. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Hmm, sorry I'm not sure. But I've setup your account so the server will warn you but not ban you if detects it again when buying IAP, so feel free to use that as a test if needed.

14. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Locks are generally very hard to lose because the only time that they can be stolen is the half a second between punching one to remove (it always changes back to item form) and picking it back up.

Losing connection shouldn't matter, unless you got really unlucky and happened to disconnect RIGHT when you destroyed one to remove it.

Generally I don't give back lost stuff (good/evil groups fighting eachother is part of the charm) but it sounds like this wasn't part of normal gameplay.. What's your name in the game? I'll check it out...

15. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #35 Tannorexic, Jan 11, 2013
    Thank you so much for fixing my issue. I think it's iOS 6 causing the crashes because even safari has been crashing for me lately. ill update to 6.1 hopefully thatll solve my crashing issues. im using an ipad 2 with almost no memory left so i should probably clear some space too.
    Ill buy another IAP as a thanks. Thanks again I really appreciate helpful devs :)

16. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    It's been a kind of up and down experience for me. Most of the time it's been perfect, but there have been periods today where I would lose connection a lot in a short time frame.

My connection speed is almost always 20+ Mbps d/l and 3.5+ Mbps u/l so I'm assuming it isn't my end.

It's been fine for awhile, though.

17. nicodemus82

Just gave it a try now and got the warning message, so I really don't know what's going on. My only guess is it somehow didn't uninstall correctly, but now that leaves me with the problem of how the hell do I get it to completely uninstall?
    if anyone knows, I'd gladly appreciate the help.

I guess for now I'll just use one of my non jailbroken devices to purchase any IAP's :)

18. The TA server is so chaotic....I tried to make 3 farms, but they all failed, and I had a rare seed taken from me whilst it was growing :(

19. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #39 Seil, Jan 11, 2013
    I haven't used a jailbroken device in an incredibly long time lol, but you could check the files on the device using a file explorer. Perhaps there are preferences still stored or something.

The only surefire solution would be a complete restore of the device lol, but that would be going pretty far.

Yeah, it's pretty overwhelming. I would recommend a personal world for farming away from others. And if not, at least spring for one of the locks so you can protect your more valuable trees. Getting 50 gems for a small lock wouldn't be very difficult even if you just broke a lot of naturally generated stuff.

I have a personal world with a world lock that I use for my growing.

20. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I got disconnected a few times before I made a proper account, but haven't been disconnected once since making a growid. Very pleased with the game so far. Really think it'll be huge. I was addicted to blockheads a day before this, now I haven't opened that game since. Disregarded like an old piece of background seed rubbish. Growtopia is the bomb