Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMan View Post
Kingdom Rush, I would play some levels for 20 minutes and then lose right at the end, multiple times, and I didn't get $&@! That's part of the greatness of it. You have to do well enough on a level to move on. Splosion man I didn't have to do any grinding, except to beat a ghost here or there which I would have done anyways.

I guess I can see how it would be frustrating if you couldn't beat the ghost, and if it was an extra feature that wasn't on Xbox, but I never played that version and I kinda like the tasky stuff they give you in this version.

Both games I have not spend a dime over 2.99 plus tax.
yeah here is the thing with kingdom rush it is a TOWER DEFENSE GAME and that is how they are played, I know what to expect! with ms splosion man I did not expect them to put in micro transactions because it's a f*cking platformer you beat a level then you move on. you have to beat a ghost if you die once. oh well start the whole world over again to beat the ghost or pay .99 cents. I am sure they put the coin scheme in for profit not to make it "more fun and challenging with ghosts" it's annoying and should be removed completely. the buy to unlock levels that is.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

How is performance on the iPad mini please? I've read some reviews on the AppStore of bad frame rates? Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Anyone? Don't want to buy it if the game runs slow
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Ok I finished world 1 and is asking me to pay 750, of which I have 450, so I will have to grind, its sad because all I want is to play it like a normal person (level after level just beating it to delete it afterwards) but I cant. Shame.
IAP should be removed from this one completely. Removing my 5 star rating because of this (gameplay is still fantastic).
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finished! And deleted... Too much space, 1 gig...

Good: Almost everything. Platforming at its finest with an excellent level design and a lot of things to splode.
Many different gameplay mechanics that are combined on world 3 and its a blast. Red levels are challenging but also a blast. Really good boss fights, many excellent chases with many giant robots, electric wires and some red fence. Great adrenaline filled moments.
Controls are excellent and responded to my every need enhancing.
Sound and music are fitting plus the character is lovely to me, with such a vivid personality.
Graphics are really good with multiple effects and a great speed. Its really shiny with all the explosions.

Bad: Sometimes is too hard to see on the small screen, and you get lost in all the splosions.
You need to pay with coins to unlock levels. So
You have to grind... Try to make the fist level a celebrity rank and then beat your fastest time and you are basically set for all the game, is a hassle but its worth it.
Its file size is huge, but only because it has a full resolution video from real people on the end thats hilarious.

Final Rating: 4 out of 5. Great.

Conclusion: Its one of the best platformers on iOS, its a lot of fun, fantastic and frantic gameplay but hindered by the fact that you need to pay to unlock levels, which becomes tedious. Without IAP, a 4.5 game by all means that shouldn't be missed.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Mechanics are mushy, graphics are cluttered. Deleted.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I got this on the last sale, gotta unlockedz.