Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-21-2014, 01:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Thanks for the cash!
The store is hard to find. It should be available in options or in another place too. Not only when you have finished a level.

I bought the coin doubler and expected it to automatically be active, that is how a coin doubler usually works, but that is more for IAP coin doublers, I realize. Anyway, this coin doubler is a costume so I had to go to the level select menu to select it there (Dino at the bottom). It doubles the value of the in-level collected coins (a 25 coin becomes worth 50, etc); it doesn't double the final score of a level (which is also counted in coins) unfortunately . What I would like to see is the possibility to select the costume before the level starts. The hat (costume) you are wearing is a strategic choice and now it is only possible to change it in the level select menu (kind of hidden imo and which you don't see when playing a level and go to a next level).

The power ups seem to have different categories: costumes and something else. I think it would be good to separate them in the store. Examples of something else are "Add Time" (add 10 seconds to the clock) and "Gift Pack" (Max your inventory to +99 everything), which I bought, but I didn't see any effect [edit] Ah! found it, on the bottom right when playing a level there is a button with above it a small arrow. The arrow opens a menu with these items like this "Add Time" and "Gift Pack". Apparently they are consumable power ups. Ah! and now I see in the store that the consumable power ups have a name in yellow and the permanent power ups, the hats (costumes) are in red.

Also, there should be a confirmation popup for purchases in the store. I bought several times an item by accident by scrolling through the item list.
@saosijs,

It's a puzzle after all...

/chris
Old 06-21-2014, 02:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
The store is hard to find. It should be available in options or in another place too. Not only when you have finished a level.
Noted. This one is kind of harder to fix quickly because the store is not accessible from the level select menu code wise. It only exists "within" a level. Maybe we could add a button from the PAUSE screen.

Quote:
I bought the coin doubler and expected it to automatically be active, that is how a coin doubler usually works, but that is more for IAP coin doublers, I realize. Anyway, this coin doubler is a costume so I had to go to the level select menu to select it there (Dino at the bottom). It doubles the value of the in-level collected coins (a 25 coin becomes worth 50, etc); it doesn't double the final score of a level (which is also counted in coins) unfortunately
Correct that it doubles the coins that you pick up in the scene. That coin value is the one that is multiplied @ the end of the level. So if you picked up 500 coins and the multiplier (for sake of ease) is 200% now you will get $1000....

If you are wearing top hat (1.5x coin value) or pharaoh (2x coin value) then those 500 coins you picked up are 1000 at that point due to the hat... then multiplied by the 200% is $2000.

Pretty much you want to pick up coins AND beat the level as fast as you can.

Quote:
What I would like to see is the possibility to select the costume before the level starts. The hat (costume) you are wearing is a strategic choice and now it is only possible to change it in the level select menu (kind of hidden imo and which you don't see when playing a level and go to a next level).
There are two ways to switch costumes. One is in the shop which is accessible after you WIN or LOSE. Once you purchase the costume, you can click on it again --- it now says "EQUIP"

the other way is on the level select screen, once you have another costume to switch to you will get arrows on either side of that costume button (dino head).

Where do you believe the most useful place would be to place this costume changer that allows you to switch between levels? The costume switching functionality exists in the shop menu which you already have access to... let me know and we can do something.

Quote:
Also, there should be a confirmation popup for purchases in the store. I bought several times an item by accident by scrolling through the item list.
Not the intention to have people mistakenly buy stuff. The ICON of the item is really a button, but dragging and scrolling the text or anywhere NOT THE ICON will let you scroll no problem without buying.

We will take a look at some kind of confirmation system.