iPhone Eufloria HD - (by Omni Systems)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Waiting for it since the first vid on toucharcade. Hope the gameplay is interesting.

2. AbsolutePhenom

AbsolutePhenom Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Why isn't this coming out for the iPhone? Way to lose money you could of easily made.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Is it possible to have more than a single game going at the same time? i.e. different profiles?

4. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Art Director
    Texas
    How about an iPhone version???

So, I dug around and I found this posted to Eufloria's blog. Here's the quote:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    "Dear friends, at long last we have found a development partner for the iPhone/Pad/Mac version of Eufloria that so many of you have been asking about. The wonderful people at Tuna will be doing the porting dance.

To quote the press release that we are sending out:

Omni Systems Ltd. & Tuna collaborate to bring Eufloria to iPad & iPhone in Spring 2011"
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    So, perhaps there is an iPhone version coming soon???
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. Yep the WILL be an iPhone version, in fact it is running already on my phone. We will need to optimise it however, which will take a while. (We want to make sure it is good)

So for now it is iPad :)

6. The PS3 version was delayed, and that meant we started this port later than we hoped. We also put extra time into polish.

Nobody remembers a mediocre game that shipped on time, while a good game will be remembered for ever. :-D

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Nice to hear you haven't forgot about us. ;)

8. Not at all. Personally I can't stand lazy ports though, so I want to make sure it is good before we release it.

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Is someone (dev?) able to answer my question?

10. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Is that universal, or will it be a separate build?

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Downloading finally. Been looking forward to playing this since TA previewed it. I'll post some impressions when I can. :)

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looking forward to the iPhone version!

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Looking at the reviews, specifically Destructoids, I'm on the fence with this. It looks amazing, no doubt, but has anything changed or is this a direct PS3 port?

Have any of the concerns noted in the PC and then the PS3 version been addressed?

14. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Is a demo planned?

15. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    What a lovely friendly post.

16. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009

there's a windows demo on there site to download.

Also curious about the "universal" question :)

17. The windows demo is not a good indicator at all for the iPad version. It lags far behind in features we first added to the PS3 port, and then new features/tweaks we added for the iOS release...

We will get the windows build up to the iOS standard fairly soon, but for now it is not the way to judge the iOS release. For one thing, it does not have the 2x and 3x speed option, which is essential for a mobile/tablet game.

18. If you look at the PSN metacritic you will see that the destructiod review is an aberration. They also contradict themselves as they previously stated that we did address most of the original complaints they had. And that 2nd review is faaar behind the current state of the game, which has many features that were not in the pc build when they reviewed it a 2nd time. Anyhoo, Destructoid are free to have their opinion, but we most certainly did address most feedback we got from players and much much more. They say so themselves based on a much less polished/featured build of the game..

One of the best things of being an indie is that we can communicate with players and adjust our game where we think they give us good suggestions for improvement. SOmething we have done for a long time now (several PC iterations, then the PS3 port, and now the iOS port) and each time the game has gotten better.

Personally I think we hit the sweet spot now, and we still have to add the ambient mode in the first game upgrade. :)

19. Triple... post... COMBO!!!

I would love to hear feedback on the game btw, we really worked hard to make it shine on iPad. :)

R

20. Dreamshadow

Dreamshadow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Can I make a feature request? If the music volume is at zero, please allow pandora/iPod music to play (or add a toggle for this?) I like listening to my own music choices during games. Thanks, and excellent work!