Universal Band Stars - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013

Band Stars

Form a band, hit the studio and start recording! Train up your band and complete challenges as you make your way to the …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Form a band, hit the studio and start recording! Train up your band and complete challenges as you make your way to the top of the charts. Fame and fortune await!

Set your sights on world stardom and make your way to the top of the local, national and global charts. Discover each of the 50 super-cool Band Stars characters and complete over 200 unique challenges!

Created with passion by Six Foot Kid and presented by Halfbrick, the creators of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.

Play Band Stars on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!

KEY FEATURES:
    • Compete with your friends for the highest chart position and the most fans

• Blend different genres and lyrical styles to create chart topping hits

• Pull off insane solos to boost your song points

• Hire and train your band members

• Unlock all 50 band members, each with their own style and set of custom challenges

• Earn piles of coin and upgrade your gear to dominate the world of music

• Deck out your studio with hot tubs and arcade machines to keep your musicians happy

It doesn't matter what type of music you love, Band Stars features loads of genres - pop, rock, metal, urban, electronica, jazz, punk, country and even world music! Join the phenomenon now!

Band Stars is completely free to play but some in-game items will require purchase. You can turn-off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

If you have suggestions or feedback, please contact us at [email protected]

To view our privacy policy please go to: www.halfbrick.com/pp
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Music, Simulation
    Release:Dec 04, 2013
    Updated:Aug 05, 2015
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. #2 Hoggy110, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Interesting...so Halfbrick is publishing now?

Let's download it anyway

Note: By the looks of things, it's not on NZ store unlike stated

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Not out yet on NZ... Strange...

Attached Files:

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Not on US yet, looking forward this

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    The front page indicates Band Stars will soft launch in Canada market; and has been live in Australia since August. There is no indicated global launch timeframe.

Edit: I see Sanuku edited his OP; cheers!

6. Ahhh canada. I see.

7. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Been playing it for a couple of days - a lot of fun, actually.

8. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Waiting. Hope it release soon in US. Looks great!

9. Kinda cute game, not my style though.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Game of Halfbrick? So, must play! Please release on US Store soon.

11. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    any word on when the worldwide release is?

12. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    It is basically a Freemium version of Kairosoft's Game Dev Story with a bit of a theme change. Instead of making video games you make songs, in much the same way by selecting a genre (rock, pop, country, etc.) and a type (love, rebellion, partying) and a distribution method such as self publish. Then you need to have your band contribute points to several categories like lyrics, rhythm, and polish. If you've played Game Dev Story or Grand Prix Story then you should know exactly what I am talking about.

The freemium aspects come in the way of energy and drinks. Every action that one of your band members performs takes energy. Once a member is out of energy they can no longer perform any actions. Energy can be recovered either by placing the member on a piece of furniture which will recover the energy over time, or by giving them a drink which will refill ALL of their energy at once. Drinks are obviously consumables and can be earned by completing missions, or directly purchased with real money using IAP. The second IAP is for coins. Coins are required for auditioning new artists (attracting potential new band members), hiring new band members, buying furniture, and training your band members. Training also requires energy as well, so it's a double whammy on your wallet if your the pay-to-win impatient type that prefers IAP over waiting. Finally their is a third type of IAP in the form of "insperado" which is used to perform solos during the recording of a song. Solos will increase the quality of your finished song, but require insperado.

All in all it is fun and addicting with great sound and visuals. However you will invariably hit the point of either paying to play or being told to come back tomorrow.

13. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I downloaded it but it's always crashing on my iPad Mini during any screen that requires text input. I'm running iOS7. :(

14. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm wondering if anyone has played this sans IAP, and if so can say whether it's even worth doing. Also, while I doubt it, is there an IAP to buy the game? Everything about this game is screaming my name, but if it is just made to cynically suck wallets dry, it'll just break my heart. Any feedback, anyone? I'm crossing my fingers against all hope. :confused:

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've been playing the game off and on for about a month now and I love it. It's well worth the try if your already thinking about it. As far as I can see, there isn't any (premium IAP). It's pretty much built for F2P, but like I said, I've been playing it for quite awhile and haven't felt the need to buy any IAPs yet. Try it out. It's pretty cool.

16. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Really, i always looking for a Kairosoft's management game style, this one would be another great hits.

17. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    still not available in my region :(

18. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    The global launch of this game is set to Dec 5. Might be out in the NZ app store. Check it!

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  20. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    The game is out on US App Store.

Band Stars

Form a band, hit the studio and start recording! Train up your band and complete challenges as you make your way to the …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Form a band, hit the studio and start recording! Train up your band and complete challenges as you make your way to the top of the charts. Fame and fortune await!

Set your sights on world stardom and make your way to the top of the local, national and global charts. Discover each of the 50 super-cool Band Stars characters and complete over 200 unique challenges!

Created with passion by Six Foot Kid and presented by Halfbrick, the creators of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.

Play Band Stars on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!

KEY FEATURES:
    • Compete with your friends for the highest chart position and the most fans

• Blend different genres and lyrical styles to create chart topping hits

• Pull off insane solos to boost your song points

• Hire and train your band members

• Unlock all 50 band members, each with their own style and set of custom challenges

• Earn piles of coin and upgrade your gear to dominate the world of music

• Deck out your studio with hot tubs and arcade machines to keep your musicians happy

It doesn't matter what type of music you love, Band Stars features loads of genres - pop, rock, metal, urban, electronica, jazz, punk, country and even world music! Join the phenomenon now!

Band Stars is completely free to play but some in-game items will require purchase. You can turn-off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

If you have suggestions or feedback, please contact us at [email protected]

To view our privacy policy please go to: www.halfbrick.com/pp
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Music, Simulation
    Release:Dec 04, 2013
    Updated:Aug 05, 2015
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated