• Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 274.2 MB
  • Version: 2.2.41
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.9 (15)
App description: ** Apple Game of the Year 2014 **
** Winner of Apple Design Award 2014 **

In Monument Valley you will manipulate impossible architecture and guide a silent princess through a stunningly beautiful world.

Monument Valley is a surreal exploration through fantastical architecture and impossible geometry. Guide the silent princess Ida through mysterious monuments, uncovering hidden paths, unfolding optical illusions and outsmarting the enigmatic Crow People.

"Forgotten Shores": Eight new chapters of adventure and illusion available now as a separate purchase.

=======

"This might be the most beautiful iPad game of 2014" - Wired

"Brilliant design... stayed with me like a dream I didn't want to forget" 9/10 - Polygon

"The most sublime hour my iPad has ever given me... and the value of such a thing is incalculable" - Kotaku

"Monument Valley stuns with it's serenity... each screen is a work of art" - Huffington Post

"Almost impossibly gorgeous... a feast for your senses" 5/5 - Touch Arcade

=======

BEAUTIFUL

Inspired by minimalist 3D design, optical illusions and palaces and temples from around the world, every monument is a unique, hand-crafted world to explore.

EASY TO USE

Twist and drag to reshape the world and help Ida to explore. Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up, enjoy and complete.

SOUND

Audio reacts to your manipulation of the world to provide a surreal and beautiful soundscape. Best experienced with headphones.

iCloud

Synchronize your game across all your devices.

** Monument Valley is designed for iPhone 4 and above. It is NOT compatible with iPod Touch 4th Generation.

Sanuku's comments:

12-03-2014, 09:20 AM
I see this picture almost everywhere. But there is no level with such configuration in the game. It's unfair.

01-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 Candidate

Monument Valley was successfully nominated for voting in the Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 poll; voting will occur over the next 7 days (through January 7). Developers are asked not to vote for their own game or recruit votes outside of Touch Arcade.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249263

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-01-2015 at 12:49 AM.

01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
@ustwo:

Will there be another Expansion?Or at least making the RED levels available again? I'll buy everything in a heartbeat.

To see the joy in my girlfriends eyes (she usually doesn't like games) while she guided the lil princess through this wonderful peace of art was worth the purchase alone

More content please

Oh,and do you saw that shameful rip off:

„Springen Princess Royal Valley - Springe zu frei Freiheit“ von RED CRICKET GAMES LIMITED
https://appsto.re/de/iy482.i

Looks like it's worth to contact apple about it.

Last edited by Crabman; 01-11-2015 at 08:47 PM.
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately ustwo said that the RED update will be the last with new content
05-06-2015, 07:49 AM
This game is stunning 5 stars just bought it
05-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Wow this is one kind of a game. Amazing stunning graphics the music absolutely exceptional!!!!!!
05-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Funny how the majority praises the game, yet some only bought it just coz it dropped to a buck. On the other handm, a buck is still a worthy support to the devs. Hoping ya'll buy the expansion too.

Cheers for premium gaming.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Dude calm down its better than going the pirate way
You wont believe in my poor country a lot of people going up that road

So there isnt any plan for future expansion?
My wife lives this game

Or its because it doenst sell very well?
05-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmad View Post
Dude calm down its better than going the pirate way
You wont believe in my poor country a lot of people going up that road

So there isnt any plan for future expansion?
My wife lives this game

Or its because it doenst sell very well?
It has sold very well, hence the expansion, however I think that there are no plans for more DLC.

And well, about the price drop and piracy, I think that at least in the AppStore the only one who can set an app's price is the dev itself (or the publisher, but again, MV is indie, so there's no publisher that can modify that) so if ustwo dropped the price to a dolar is because they are willing to get paid that for their game so I don't quite see what's the matter with buying a game at price drops, specially if the game sold well at regular price.
05-21-2015, 08:18 AM
Wonderful game, great design. I bought the expansion as well. I'll be waiting for harder puzzles in the upcoming chapters.