Cirkits: Toy Robot Racing (by Cohort Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Cohort Studios, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cohort Studios

Mar 26, 2013
    CEO
    UK
    #1 Cohort Studios, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    Hi Folks, we have just released the first gameplay footage of our new game, which is called Cirkits: Toy robot Racing. You race toy robots around roller coaster style tracks avoiding hazards and destroying enemies. Here's the footage:

http://youtu.be/DB7KxKZShZg

We are a small 4 man team, and this is our second game for iOS, our first being Me Monstar: Hear me Roar which was a port of our Playstation minis title which you can find here:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/me-monstar-hear-me-roar!/id578140242?ls=1&mt=8

Here's some codes for Me Monstar if people want to give it a try, first come first served :)

W4LLYFKRP944
    9JYWAFEPFJT9
    F64ART64L466
    TEENRMMKA36J
    XHKH97F6HRKP

Would love some feedback on the Cirkits footage.

cheers

Darran

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
  3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    The video gameplay looks really good. I'm sure a lot of work went into making this game

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#4 strivemind, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Got F64ART64L466 thanks, which is for your Me Monstar game.
    I guess technically this thread should either be in the Upcoming games section, or the Promo Codes giveaway, since Cirkits has not been released yet.
    The video looks good btw. One thing I noticed is the huge amount of vertical mobility, and the Skitchin' style skating and combat.

5. Cohort Studios

Mar 26, 2013
    CEO
    UK
    Hi Capricornman, we spent 5 months of pretty intense production to get to where we are, and roughly 3 months prototyping before that.

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Took the second code and was surprised by me monster. Really enjoyed a quick spin on it. Reminded me of The Spookening and Paradroid mashed together and speeded the hell out of. Only 4 levels on but works full screen on iPod 5th gen.
    New game video looks good. Reminds me of Skyriders style-wise which reminded me of Trailblazer. Some of the movement and animation looked a little stiff but it looks like a pretty cool game to me.

7. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #7 Capricornman, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Lol
    Lots of work!!! Thanks for the promo code
    TEENRMMKA36J:)

8. Cohort Studios

Mar 26, 2013
    CEO
    UK
  9. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    Sure... Downloading now... :D
    The size is quite big... :p

10. Cohort Studios

Mar 26, 2013
    CEO
    UK
    If there's any feedback I would love to hear it, especially if there's features you think need improving or adding.

11. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    #11 copaeci, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    i glad u make some control options for the game... Virtual joystick is better than tilt control. So far I like the game, but it's bit laggy to be played on iPad 2.
    anyway, I lost my boosts item, though I haven't used it yet. I placed that item inside slot, then I pressed back button to change the track. However, after I back again, I see my item was lost. Could you explain it?

Because your game has been released, it's better to move the conversation on iPhone and iPod Touch Games Forum

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2791201

12. Cohort Studios

Mar 26, 2013
    CEO
    UK
    Hi copaeci, thanks for the feedback. Losing your boost when you exit the menu is an annoying bug that slipped through and is something that will be fixed in the first update. Will have a look at the lag issues you mention, and will check out your new thread.