Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I'm finding the merchant annoying—how do you look but not buy? It seems anywhere I touch makes a purchase. Is there a way to just browse or is that the point, it's a gamble?

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is this a roguelike? Because permadeath is a hallmark of them.

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I really like this one; it's loaded with old-skool charm.

4. Abbadon

Abbadon Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    Yes, there is. You just touch the screen and then move your finger over the box...that way you get to see what's in it...you don't start moving towards a place until you lift your finger, so if you then move your finger away from the box, there's no risk of making that purchase.

Has anyone been able to make some sense of when you 'level up' (get the +5 attack/critical/HP choice) ? It seems almost random to me...

5. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    When you die , you lose everything and must start at the level 1 dungeon
    again. There is no save feature to reload a game if you die. After defeating
    a Boss you can save , but once you die in the following level, it is bye bye.

The fighting happens in real time.

Great game!

6. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    10 Free copies of bit dungeon for ipad, give to your friend who has an ipad if you dont =)

7FTLLWK49L4R
    LWN9TWHWKN3P
    6H3YRWKPPKNM
    WF37FYMPF3R3
    MMKYWPTTHE4A
    JY64EYFJWNW3
    9WPFE4L9HHFJ
    93H7M34MRWXR
    63YWE46FT46H
    F9R33RXYKWFA

7. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I got WF37FYMPF3R3

thx!

8. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Not for iPhone :0

9. NLjaan

NLjaan Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #29 NLjaan, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    I used 9WPFE4L9HHFJ.

Thank you I'll be sure to leave my impression!

EDIT: This game is awesome!

10. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Thanks, I took LWN9TWHWKN3P
    I'll leave a review ;)

11. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Permanent death? I'll skip it then, it's frustrating when you must start over and over.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Think of this as something like Monsters Ate My Condo, but without scoring. Everytime you start the game, it's basically a new game, but it allows you to save in between session if you manage to stay alive.

As mentioned, permadeath is the hallmark of a roguelike game which is exactly what this looks like.

Will. Get it as soon as i get to a faster internet connection.

13. BluePaladin

BluePaladin Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Spain
    can't believe I made it(last code I think):p The game looks fantastic btw!

14. Chman

Chman Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I loved the flash version so I bought this version. The game is still great (if you're into that sort of RPG) but it'd be even better with some sort of "hall of fame", to record all of your characters deaths. Some GameCenter achievement / highscore system would be a nice addition too.

I noted a few gameplay annoyances :

• The "set bonuses" text overlaps the armor stats (IMO these "set" stats should be listed with all the other stats on the right when you finger-over your life globe, it'd be easier to see everything at once).
    • The whole "finger-over" thing kinda works but is not perfect : you should differentiate single taps and drags, because as of now, if you do a drag over a chest to check what's inside and release your finger, your character will walk toward the released point. He should only move on single short taps.
    • This is directly linked to the previous problem : if you finger-over a chest and release your finger while still on the chest, the character will move to the chest and stop. Problem is, if you tap anywhere else on the screen after he reached the chest, he will take what's inside the chest and go to the pointed location (doesn't work every time, but it's quite easy to reproduce). Because of that I regularly swapped weapons and armors by inadvertence and only realized after a few rooms...
    • A game over screen with a few stats would be nice... Right now it's "Die - Wait 2 seconds - Menu screen". A bit brutal.

Other than that, it works fine and I'm having fun (the music is gorgeous).

15. Drakeer Melkhor

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This game is terrific! :eek:

It's like Zelda meets The binding of Isaac with very big bosses! :p

I would recommend to play the flash game to try it first, it is in the first post of this thread.

Totally worth the asking price! :)

16. BluePaladin

BluePaladin Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Spain
    #36 BluePaladin, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    Just wanted to share some impressions. This is a very well done RPG. The gameplay is fast paced and the equipment system is great except for the problems mentioned by Chman. Very addicting overall. A real shame it doesn't have highscores, it would add a lot of replayability value.

17. Drakeer Melkhor

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Yeah, statistics for the player and Game Center achievements and leaderboards sounds very good. I hope the developer has the time for them! hehe :eek:

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Omg! I've just had the most epic game and reached level 16, I saw some crazy looking weapons and armours/helmets on my way there, some real cool looking stuff.
    This game is brilliant but really needs stats. Until then my screen shot will have to do :D

Attached Files:

19. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I've got enough of perma death in Dungeon Raid. That is also a great game, but when you get no reward for your endless efforts, there is no point in trying. I like an idea of char progressing and dungeons became more dangerous like in Punch Quest.