Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
What determines when (or how probable it is) for an enemy to strike you back when you attack them, and by how much points?
A counter attack is always triggered if a unit is attacked from an adjacent field with a normal weapon attack.
Normal weapon attack means that no special skill was used.
The only exception are units wearing a bow: They can never counter attack because they cannot attack adjacent fields in general.

Whether a counter attack is also triggered when a special skill is used, depends on the type of the skill.
Most single target attack skills from adjacent fields can be countered as well, but there are a few exceptions which you will find out by trying.
Skills that aim at multiple targets or that can be used from a distance cannot be countered.

Summarizing, there is no random chance involved in counter attacks.
They always happen for normal attacks, and they always happen for some of the special skills.

The amount of damage is always based on 30% of the units Atk value, taking the defense values of the opponent into consideration.

Hope that clarifies everything .
Old 01-29-2014, 01:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks niebau. It certainly does

In fact, later on I found an email I had sent you last year about this same topic, and you had provided a similarly complete answer - I didn't think I had asked you about this at all.

-- it could be worth adding a slide on this to the manual, maybe?

Thanks and hope all is well. I'm very happy to see you have an excellent following here in TouchArcade - you certainly deserve it!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
So one small very newbie question on the Kingturn mechanics:
Just one important piece of advice - when you are spawning your units, pay attention to unit focus. Shifting focus between various stats as situation requires really takes these games to another level. I somehow managed to miss this function through the whole of Knightutrn (of which Kingturn Underworld is an improved overhaul) and 2/3 of Kingturn and when I finally started to use that function, it became even more enjoyable.
I could also finally see how winning on the hardest difficulty is even possible, heh. Not that I ever tried, mind you .

P.S. It is also generally a good idea to use abilities whenever possible, because using them contributes more to levelling than a straight attack in my experience. I mean, you have to be somewhat careful with SP, so that you still have enough for whatever plans you have in mind, but with most units that is not really an issue.

Last edited by Isilel; 01-29-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the tips!