Konami planning to "pursue mobile games aggressively"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by paineyes, May 14, 2015.

1. paineyes

paineyes Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Hope we'll get some MGS on the iphone. :)
    http://jin115.com/archives/52080348.html

2. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Unless I'm forgetting some of their licenses, Metal Gear Solid is about Konami's only property I really want to see on iOS (preferrably in the form of a port of Peace Walker or some of the original titles). Though the way they talk about the business model intrigues me somewhat: I'm not aware of what the monetization system implemented in the games mentioned( Power Pro and PES/Winning Eleven) consists of, but that hint about "selling features, not items" could suggest IAPs for game modes (not unlike the Unlock Full Game IAPs implemented in Implosion, LEGO Star Wars, Star Wars Rebels, among others). I'd be very glad if that were the case!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Selling features not items sounds good to me too, unless the features are somewhere in the line of "one-hit kills, invulnerability, max level..." Coz that would suck. LOL

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    They should port Driift Mania.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They'll probably make a spinoff... Like a card battler, a match-3 or a town builder. :D