★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I'm really interested in this since I love Zaga-33 and other simplified TBS games but am a little nervous since I have the dreaded crashing issue in Z33. $6 is a little much if its got a bunch of bugs. How is this one and is it worth the money in its current state?
No problems on my iPhone 6+, it continues to be an excellent game (and on page 1 of my Roguelike folder!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
No problems on my iPhone 6+, it continues to be an excellent game (and on page 1 of my Roguelike folder!)
Great, thanks! I know I'll give it a shot eventually. I'm fairly new to roguelikes (hence liking simplified versions like Zaga-33, Hoplite, Auro). Any other suggestions for me?

Last edited by smes3817; 05-19-2015 at 05:41 PM.

05-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Seconded. This is a fantastic game. You may have to stick at it a bit before it clicks. That's been spoken about before. I think a while back I even posted in here saying what's the big deal, only to come back and say ok wow it just clicked. Great game. One that you can keep on your device forever for a good play every now and then once you've had a good go with it.
05-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Great, thanks! I know I'll give it a shot eventually. I'm fairly new to roguelikes (hence liking simplified versions like Zaga-33, Hoplite, Auro). Any other suggestions for me?
Arcane Tower and/or Power Grounds.
05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Great, thanks! I know I'll give it a shot eventually. I'm fairly new to roguelikes (hence liking simplified versions like Zaga-33, Hoplite, Auro). Any other suggestions for me?
Sword of Fargoal
Cavern
Rogue Touch
The Nightmare Cooperative
Paper Dungeons
100 Rogues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 974
Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to try out as many of these as I can. I'm definitely realizing I do prefer turn-based ones over the non.
05-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to try out as many of these as I can. I'm definitely realizing I do prefer turn-based ones over the non.
Crowntakers needs a mention here I feel!
05-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I'm really interested in this since I love Zaga-33 and other simplified TBS games but am a little nervous since I have the dreaded crashing issue in Z33. $6 is a little much if its got a bunch of bugs. How is this one and is it worth the money in its current state?
i used a different framework for this than for zaga-33 so it doesn't have the same bugs
05-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brough View Post
i used a different framework for this than for zaga-33 so it doesn't have the same bugs
Thanks for letting me know! I bought Helix from your sale and then immediately bought Xaga-33 after. I feel like I now have to play everything else you've released haha. They're that good!

Last edited by smes3817; 05-25-2015 at 05:41 PM.