Ipad air game compatibility

01-27-2014, 05:55 AM
Ipad air game compatibility

Hi

I have recently upgraded from an android galaxy tab to ipad air.

One of the main reasons was that i read that ios has more games optimized for tablets.

Since purchasing all i seem to see is games that don't work with retina screens, games that don't work with ios 7,etc.

Is there a list anywhere of games that will definately work with ipad air.

Just wondering if i have made a mistake and should have bought and ipad 2 instead or should go back to android?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
01-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Well what kind of games would you like to play? Most, if not all games that have come out in the past 6-12 months will work on the air. Here's some of the games I have on my air that I really enjoy:
XCOM
Heroes and Castles
Castle Doombad
Bardbarian
Spacehulk
Hero Siege
Knightmare Tower
Warhammer Quest
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Mikey Hooks
Minigore 2
Kingdom Rush (both iterations are spectacular)
EPOCH 2

Last edited by Fangbone; 01-27-2014 at 12:27 PM.
01-27-2014, 01:13 PM
^+1 to that list.

Would also like to add the ff:

LEGO DC Batman
LEGO Star Wars Saga
Bastion
Infinity Blade 1,2 & 3
The World Ends With You HD
Horn
Heroes & Castles
Zen Pinball
Slayin
Colossatron
Heroes of Loot
Savant Ascent
Anomaly 2
Indiana Stone
Blood Roofs
Worm Run
Polara
Boson X
Badland

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the responses, the thing I don't understand on the AppStore is the games don't say if they will work or not on the ipad air so how do I know before purchasing and potentially losing money ?
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromevalley View Post
Thanks for the responses, the thing I don't understand on the AppStore is the games don't say if they will work or not on the ipad air so how do I know before purchasing and potentially losing money ?
All games that have been updated in the last 5 months should work on the iPad air and most that haven't should as well.