what are the bests gamebook games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, Aug 15, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Nah wouldnt agree !

Anyway the best gamebook ones for me are the Fighting Fantasy ones , had the books as a kid, love having a quick go on those now on my phone.

The Sorcery app took it a step further, very impressive, the Appointment with Fear upcoming book looks great as well.

Great time for old fighting fantasy fans

2. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

We're more than happy to accept hugs from any anyone - so thank you! :)

Thanks both for your support! Means a lot. :)

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont get me wrong the original Gamebook adventures you've done are very good (I have them all), i was very glad when you got the deal to do the Fighting Fantasy books though.

Also love the Judge Dredd one.

Its just a great platform to put them on, when i first got into iOS i was over the moon when i found your original Gamebook games. One huge thing i love about iOS, the variety i have at my fingertrips, old classic arcade games, new games, gamebooks etc. Love it ! Hope all is going well, gutted i cant come to that Fighting Fantasy convention in September

4. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words. We do work incredibly hard and we are incredibly passionate about gamebooks! Things are going quite well for us and have some new exciting projects on the horizon. Sorry you can't make the Fighting Fantasy Fest. I've got to do a presentation and not even planned it yet. :eek:

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh...

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok after looking at that fear comic Im confused you said its 2.99 but the site sys its going to be 5.99? looks awesome regardless so how much will that game be in american money.

8. Lazarusdeath

Lazarusdeath Active Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Teacher/ publisher
    #28 Lazarusdeath, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Print books

So yeah most game books for ios have been mentioned here but how about actual gamebooks in print. Here is a great list with tons of classic gamebooks for free including diceman books mentioned as well as fighting fantasy and many other classics.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Gamebook

As far as modern day gamebooks I highly recommend destinyquest series. These books are huge and very fun to play. They can even be purchased on amazon now. I had to buy them through English websites for 30 plus dollars and they were still worth it.

http://www.destiny-quest.com

Also maelorum is a kickstarter backed gamebook that is awesome and us getting a sequel kickstarter campaign in October.

http://maelorum.com

Also all the lone wolf books of which there are over 30 I believe are available in various formats for free here.

http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books

Another great gamebook is heavy metal thunder available through amazon for kindle but can read on ios with the kindle app.

Between these four links and the ios games you will be busy for a long time.

9. derpymcflurry

derpymcflurry Member

Aug 7, 2014
    I've heard Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is pretty good, but I don't feel like playing it, however, I do have it on my apple IDÂ…

Also, you should check out Sorcery!, those are great.

10. dhammerer

dhammerer Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Love your adventure games. I have most of the print fighting fantasy books but was so happy to see you on iOS.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You've done a great job on F.E.A.R., really refreshing and great fun. Went to have a 2 minute browse before bed after downloading it and 45 minutes later...

Very cheap price too