Yo yo yo... calling all rap enthusiasts!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MasterChief3624, Jul 27, 2013.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I only like his old stuff. And even then there's only a few that I really like.

Like this one.

2. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You see that? Even Connector knows my shit is what's up.

3. Note to self: don't ask TA for song recommendations.

4. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Correct.

Ask me instead.

5. Yeah, everyone except for me seems to love heavy metal (kj,mid,masterchief, metalcasket, etc), or so I think nowadays. I seem like one of the few that like top 40. And now I will get flamed for saying that....

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I was being polite. To put it bluntly, it is odd that you like only primarily white rap groups. That's all. ;)

Well, I think it's find to ask for recommendations so long as you don't get certain posters that derail the topic into a taste debate. :mad:

You won't get flamed! Not by me :) We good, homie. :eek:

And I am fine with nearly all genres, but the Top 40 as of the last couple years has been... saddening :(

Hey, can we get back on topic? Any songs like "Worldwide Choppers"?

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    White rappers flow.

I also like Vanilla Ice.

Nothing has gone off topic yet.

I'll probably flame you.

You want to stay on topic and away from taste debates? Do not, do NOT get me started on top 40

8. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Really praying to bunnies all around the world that you're just trying to further push my button. White rappers flow? Really? Wow. Eminem and Yelawolf can flow, I'll give you that (obviously), but... really?

REALLY?

Actually, yes... the entire topic is off the rails now :( Because of you, making this into a debate on musical taste.

All right. I'll get you started on it, then. Let's do it in a different topic, though. Thanks.

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It wasn't debated. Unfortunately.

10. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Pretty much exactly what "Worldwide Choppers" sounds like. The speed, the style, the chorus... the artists!

Gimme that list! :D

11. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Midwest Choppers.

12. Yeah, Midian's top 10 list was awesome, brought back a lot of memories of some pretty awesome old school metal. Made me realize that I do like metal more than I thought, especially those quiet riot songs.

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I don't think it was his top 10 per se, but it could easily be mine.

14. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    For reference:

That's "Worldwide Choppers."

There is a fair amount of profanity in the song, so there's a warning.

Any other songs like this one, especially the parts that Tech N9ne, Yelawolf, Uso, JL of B. Hood, Twista, Busta Rhymes, D-Loc, and Twisted Insane do... so basically every single person on that song, except for the one from Turkey... ah screw it. The guy from Turkey, too! :D

I'm looking for songs that have rhyme schemes, speeds, flows, voices, and melodies like those above... Basically I'm asking for any songs that feel like any one of those verses of "Worldwide Choppers." :p

From my personal searching, I couldn't find individual stuff from Yelawolf, D-Loc, Twista, or Busta Rhymes that I enjoyed, but then again I only tried 3 or 4 from each. I don't like Twista's R&B stuff, Busta Rhymes sounds good but might be too repetitive for me, Yelawolf reeks of wannabe gangster rapper in the wrong era, and I don't remember what I thought of D-Loc so I must not have been too offended but also must not have been too blown away :p

Does this help at all?

Busta's part in Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" is grand, but I hate Chris Brown, and I do think Busta Rhymes might be a little too comfortable with that rapping style. I'm looking for control and speed, as well as profoundness, but for some reason Busta Rhymes seems to really enjoy this one particular technique... I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like the rhythm when saying all the words really fast is the same, and never changes throughout the 3 or 4 songs I've heard him spit fast on, and he relies way too heavily on repetition with short two-word phrases here and there, where he will just get into a zone where he says two words, then two more words that are all too similar to the last ones, and keep doing that until he changes up for a little bit, and then... that's it.

Does that make sense?

Worldwide Choppers, he does the "and breakin, and bakin, and savin, and makin" part (I know those aren't the lyrics :p). That's what I'm talking about with the two-word phrases thing. It comes off as lazy. But I am sure he is better than my impression here!

So any help on songs that follow this criteria?

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    [​IMG]

16. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Quoted for on-topic.

17. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This has to be the most unnecessary thing I've ever witnessed.

18. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I have updated the OP with the above post! Hopefully that helps those who are able to help me :D

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The lonely island FTW. Best modern rap artists in the biz.

20. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    True god damn that.