Universal forma.8 GO (by Mixedbag Srl)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 14, 2017.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel

forma.8 GO

Mixedbag Srl
    forma.8 is a unique take on the proven Metroidvania action-adventure formula, with a striking visual style and a huge wo…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    forma.8 is a unique take on the proven Metroidvania action-adventure formula, with a striking visual style and a huge world to explore. As the small exploration probe forma.8 you're stranded alone on the surface of an alien planet. Separated from your companions by accident you have a life or death mission to accomplish: find and recover a lost, powerful energy source before it's too late. Ancient civilisations, great perils and dystopian visions await you. And not everything is what it seems... - Explore a huge, open world full of secrets - Solve ancient mysteries - Gain new power-ups to progress in your adventure - Fight deadly enemies and face powerful bosses - Delve into a deep and cryptic lore - Beautifully hand-drawn vector graphics Are you ready to uncover the truth? Warning: the game does NOT run on iPad 2, iPad mini 1st generation, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod Touch 5th generation.
    Information
    Seller:Mixedbag Srl
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jun 14, 2017
    Updated:Nov 06, 2018
    Version:1.7
    Size:605.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (21)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Look what the cat dragged in..

You are mine!

Good reviews on PS4, Steam etc.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played 2,8% and all I can say this is special, long in the making but as I can see now worth the wait.

4. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Yes! I have been check TA every hour for this release!! Downloading now.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What the.

6. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    Wow I hope this gets the attention it deserves. This game is absolutely stunning. I am using a mfi controller and it plays so great. The drone is easy to control and maneuvers really well. I love the combat. So far I have a burst and a mine. So I can use those individually or drop a mine and burst it towards large enemy's that won't let me close. The world is so beautiful. Music creates a vibe of exploration. I am only about 6% in but it can only get better and better.

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'm trying to defeat the first boss but it keeps repulsing me backwards. I have on occasion shot a rock, but don't know how to do this regularly. Does anyone know how to do this?

8. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Metriodvania, I'm sold.. Wondering why this doesn't have hardly any reviews on steam.. looks super dope

9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Been looking forward to this; gorgeous.

I don't even mind that you can't turn the music off and coming from me, that's about the highest praise a game can get.

10. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Swipe left to deploy a mine, then tap to use your pulse ability to send the mine towards the enemy

11. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Like Whoa! # Finally have some money. This couldn't have come out at a better time.

12. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Surprise!!

And I thought that it was the same old story again on the once a week AppStore releases but at the last moment I saw this outstanding long awaited sparkling gem through all the FTP bull•••t only that is reason enough to bring games in different categories like FTP/Freemium/Premium so that you don't have to plough trough hundreds of games to find something special.

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Hell of a week for premium games! DL'ing now

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    How is saving done? Are there specific places to save game or can you save anywhere?

15. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #15 solarnya, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    any suggestions?

edit:is this game optimized for touch?
    i like that atmosphere

16. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Played the first ten-fifteen minutes. Aesthetically it reminds me more than a little of Unmechanical.

I don't care for the touch controls much though. I'm finding things like laying a bomb and then repulsing it to be hard to coordinate since I have to quickly sequence a swipe, another swipe to aim what's kind of a twitchy digital-amplitude thrust, and then a tap before the bomb blows.

I'll have to try MFi, though I'll admit that once I'm controller-bound it starts making more sense on PS4. Hopefully the touch controls grow on me because those aside it's a beautiful game.

17. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    #17 Kainamor, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    I had to comment on the absolute amazing amount of detail in this game. There are so many little thing I am finding. The way the environment moves close to heat(lava and such), how grass moves when you fly through it, water graphics diving and leaving, and so many more small things everywhere adding so much to the over all beauty of the place. Also the combat is so perfect. I have already become a marksman with dropping mines and bursting them into the creatures. I am using a controller and it feels like a console game without fail. I can't comment on touch becaus I have not tried it yet. I can't stop playing so maybe I will try tomorrow after I stay up way to late playing this.

Edit: while typing this my bot went to sleep!

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Played just the first 15 minutes on iPhone 6S and I'm already in love.
    The atmosphere is AMAZING.

Can't wait to be tucked in bed with headphones.

19. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    by some suggestions, i decided to buy it

thank you for impression!

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Wow wow wow, the attention to details!!!!
    Both graphically and in sounds!!!

Same vibes as when I first played Another World on Amiga back in the days.
    (HUGE compliment because Another World is one of my all time favorite ever).

I got used to the probe inertia in 5 minutes (at first I bounced everywhere).
    Awesome game already, a steal at the actual price.

Do we know if it supports iCloud sync?