Recommend me a game or two.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MexicanJesus, Dec 20, 2009.

1. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I just got nova and nfs:shift this week. Beat nova. And nfs:s I kind of use as my 'pick up and play" game- but I got it mostly for my son as he was sick of 1car 1track demos. Anyway, I still have about $12 in iTunes and want to spend it wisely.

I love Nova & MC:S, so I am considering terminator:salvation as it looks like a clone if those two game. Does it play similar with decent play time?

I also have been looking at Avatar, it looks fresh and new, so I might want to risk the new style of game play.

Another one I have had my eye on is Dungeon Hunter. I hear a lot of good and bad, so it's hard to choose. But if it is a diablo clone I would love to get it. Plus I need a good rpg. Vay, Seed, Zenonia, Hybrid, and ravensword I already have and either beaten/don't like/got stuck. So if you can think of a good rpg I would like recomendations on that.

I am not limited to gameloft games, it just happens those are what I have been watching on. And good, fun, lengthy games from other devs would be a welcomed recomendation.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Good RPG: Inotia 2, or Seed. Seed is free though so you can get both.

3. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    The Creeps!, Driver,

4. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    Dungeon Hunter is a very good game..i bought it a month ago but i still have to beat it.
    I played it for a week but every game session took about 20 minutes,after that i got bored and play something other.
    It's very similiar to a diablo experience in 3d,but not equally fun(gameloft is not blizzard of course).
    However,after all DH is a good game and if you like diablo i recommend you to pick this one. Graphic is excelent and the experience is very long.
    I recommend you to take a look at Labyrinth 2 that i enjoy a lot.
    Maybe you can try the lite of the first one that include 5 levels from the second to give you an idea,just take in mind that L2 is a lot better than the first ;)

5. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Actually, I have seed. It said it was on sale but it was free so I dl'd it thinking it was worth it for free, but I ended up not liking it much. I was not a fan of the graphics, and the story hadent pulled me in, in time.

Inotia 2, I remember hearing good things about. Is it okay to go right to 2 or should I start with 1?

As for the creeps! I don't recall hearing of it I will check it out. And driver is a huge amount of MB, and I don't play raving games too much so I'm going to be good on racing games until I beat nfs:s

thankyou guys for replying.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    No don't play 1, for the love of god lol. The first one sucked really really bad.

Inotia 2 is a totally separate game from the first one, so you don't have to worry about story or anything like that.

7. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Okay, well I have decided I am definately getting dungeon hunter @$5. That leaves me $7. I looked at the creeps! And I'm not much a fan of tower defense games. Only one I liked was defender chronicles and that still I lost interest. Inotia 2 looks good, but sadly it's $8. If I connect my credit card to my iTunes will iTunes charge my iTunes account first? Trying to decide to get a different game or add the extra $1 for inotia 2.

8. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    You can check out Yipe 5 and Sword of Fargoal.

9. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    yes, the iTunes credit is used first, then CC.

10. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    I think I'm going to go with dungeon hunter and inotia 2. Now I just need to delete some stuff so I can fit it on here. :D

11. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I agree with Inotia 2 it is great the best there is at the moment but stay away from Seed it sucks so much that they should pay you to play it

12. iPodzizma

iPodzizma Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Labyrinth 2 for sure! All of Illusion Labs' games are amazing! Touchgrind, Labyrinth series, and Sway!

13. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    #13 funkynubman, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    dont get terminator

Terminator is not half as good as NOVA. Terminator also has very, very, VERY short play time, again not half as much as NOVA. Same comparison to graphics and replayability.

Labyrinth 2 is one that will last you a long time, as there are about infinite levels generated by the community. It is a really good game.

RPG: Zenonia's graphics aren't as pleasing as Dungeon's, but Zenonia i think is a better, more relaxed RPG, judging by reviews. I only have Zenonia, so I can't really judge Dungeon Hunter, but Zenonia seems like it will take a long time to beat. Recommend it.

14. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

+10000 All of Illusion's are great especially Labyrinth 2. Get minisquadron because it is free today, and get Jet Car Stunts

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Ugh you should've got Inotia 2 not Dungeon Hunter...
    Dungeon Hunter is about the worst RPG available for the iDevice. With a storyline that cannot be more cliched, horrible movement controls (getting stuck very often on corners and after attacking), extremely linear and repetitive gameplay, you're gonna beat the game and forget about it.
    Not only is Inotia 2 much longer than DH, the movement is much smoother, and although the story is not much better, at least the game is much more nonlinear. You're actually gonna be confused at where to go at times (which is a rare thing for iDevice RPGs), and what to do in certain situations. Zenonia is similar if you haven't already got it, though it's slightly more linear and shorter.

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Several games to consider:

- labirynth 2
    - Battle for Wesnoth
    - Omg Pirates
    - Skies of Glory
    - Stair Dismount

All solid games I will most likely never delete to make room unless a solid sequel. All are challenging in there own right.