Games That Take Up Large Portions of Life

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by basil, Apr 24, 2013.

1. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Right now the top game is Mission Europa followed by Chinatown Wars. Super Hexagon has taken up a good bit too but not in the same way.

How dynamic is the progression in Dungeon Hunter 2? The Quest?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Minecraft! ;)

I liked the progression in Dungeon Hunter 2, and the Quest scales well, but sometimes I get tired of playing such powerful characters and enjoy 'starting over' with some of the 0-level expansions.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Order & Chaos Online. Gameloft's best game IMO and a massive time sink.

4. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Does Order AND Chaos run well on the iphone 4 / feature an overbearing amount of iap? I was a big fan of WoW pre burning crusade and really haven't played an mmo since then

There isn't a free "The Quest" anymore other than a high level expansion but I'd really like to try it. Dungeon Hunter 2 also appears to be the most true dungeon crawler.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Should run fine, it was released in summer 2011. The IAP is for gold (not needed at all, just sell crafting supplies at the auctionhouse) and runes, which are for extra stuff and basically cheats. The best gear can only be crafted, though. IMO it's pretty well balanced with the IAP. Worth my $7 many times over, plus no subscriptions!

6. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    If I buy it I'll feel so guilty clearing out my very limited space... been considering it for a while now, though

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's worth it...trust me. If you don't enjoy it then don't listen to me at all in the forums from now on :p

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Monster Hunter games, and League of Legends. Temple Run titles too but to a lesser degree. I never payed for consumable IAPs on TR games, only doublers, so each one's a time sink for me now that ive almost completed everything in TR2 and TROz, while having completed everything in TR1 and TRBrave.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Word of caution about Order & Chaos - the servers are currently down, have been since yesterday. I will be incredibly pissed if I lose any of my stuff, especially since I just caught a super rare epic mount.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You should be able to download the free The Quest expansion and play around to get a feel for it. If you have an iOS device and like RPGs even a little The Quest is essential.

If your questions is about deep games with rich content that will be satisfying for some time also consider Kingturn, a SRPG that's free to download/try with one time $4.99 unlock.

11. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Yeah I surely need to try out Kingturn, looks very much like the Fire Emblem series. As for Order and Chaos... Gameloft seems like a bunch of malicious cut throats, do they have a lot of different branches? I feel overwhelemed with guilt considering what I'd have to delete to play such a game.

Are Minecrafts controls tolerable?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Minecraft's controls are fine. O&C has such an unbelievable amount of depth and content it is very much comparable to a PC MMORPG. You won't be disappointed in the least.

13. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Games I lost all progress in whilst deleting them to make room to try out Order and Chaos before realizing I couldn't without losing my Mission Europa save;
    World of Goo
    Edge
    Quest Lord
    Undercroft
    Sword and Sworcery
    Eufloria
    GTA Chinatown China
    Melodive
    Spelltower
    Super Hexagon
    Slydris
    Google Maps
    Enviro-Bear

Want to see the games with high scores list? It has been a very destructive night

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Do you have an 8gb device? Seems you could find some vids or music perhaps instead...world of goo is aweosme :/

15. sealwong

sealwong Active Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Spartan Wars.... Already tried to quit twice...