Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2013, 11:13 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Oops - missed that tag on our homepage - will fix that now.
Hope you enjoy the game.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Interesting "Escape" Game

I downloaded Haunted Escape: Wrath of Victoria, and I'm very please with the game overall. I'll try and give some feedback without any spoilers. ;)

The art is amazing and eerie. The lighting is very dim in some rooms, most likely on purpose. If you're like me and want it a bit brighter though, it's pretty simple to go to "Settings", turn off "Auto Brightness", and increase how bright your screen is. If you only increase it a small amount, it'll still be dreary and creepy without ruining the suspense or white washing out the brighter rooms (like the bathroom).

The puzzles varied from being intuitive, or what I expected, to being very original. While the more original ideas took longer to solve and were borderline frustrating at times, I found them to be the most interesting. They made me think and try new strategies.

Was the game scary? Mmm, it made me jump once or twice. The rest of the time it was more suspenseful, not frightening, which is what I would prefer for a Victorian-style puzzle game.

So far, I've put in 4 hours of play time, but I am not yet finished with the game. Judging by how many puzzles and rooms they say is in the game, I assume I'm near the end. Or rather, one of the endings, since there are two. To see the second ending, I'll likely use the walkthrough.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Awesome review Sadina. Thanks. Glad to hear you are enjoying the game.