Recruiting beta testers for Imp Paired

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nicholas Lister, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Nicholas Lister

Oct 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    London, UK
    Hi everybody,

I am the developer of an upcoming iOS title and it has got to that stage where I’m looking for some extra people to help test the game. Since the TA forums are full of people who love playing mobile games it seems like a great place to ask if anybody is interested.

The game itself is called Imp Paired and is a memory based puzzle game. Players find themselves mysteriously transported to a package sorting line overseen by a maniacal imp creature. Packages keep dropping into the player's work area and it soon becomes clear that the player's task is to prevent the board from filling up, over 21 levels of increasing difficulty, to escape from this demented mechanism. To keep the board clear, the player must find matching groups of patterns hidden under the packages in a similar vein to the card game Pelmanism (aka Memory, Pairs or Concentration).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The game features an idiosyncratic graphic style, a jaunty soundtrack, two single player game modes and an on-device two player game mode and includes at least a couple of good jokes. I’ll include a screenshot or two here, but if your information hunger feels insatiable then there’s more at imppaired.com and a video at youtu.be/NLcJjqabaMo

The beta is being run through TestFlight. If you’re not familiar with the TestFlight system, which can be a little confusing to set up, or want to know more about the beta test plan then I recommend you have a look at imppaired.com/beta. On that page you can find full instructions and all the links you need to sign up via TestFlight. You’ll also find more information about the beta test, including what is being requested from beta testers.

If you’re already familiar with TestFlight or you’re just the gung-ho, ‘where-do-I-sign’ type you can head straight over to http://tflig.ht/LoV7qv to get your name on the list.

2. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I signed up to beta test.

3. Nicholas Lister

Oct 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    London, UK
    Thanks TRB4 and thanks to all the people who have gone and signed up so far. I really do appreciate your support.

4. Nicholas Lister

Oct 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    London, UK
    If you are interested in Imp Paired, I've started a mailing list to let people know when it's launching. You can subscribe to it by entering your email in the form on imppaired.com or at eepurl.com/xCmqr

Also, there are still some spaces available on the beta test if you are interested in helping out and giving your opinion

5. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Hi,

I've signed up for beta :)