Cover Orange 2 (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Future777, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#1 Future777, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Cover Orange is finally getting a sequel! Check out these first screenshots:

#Universal iPhone and iPad, Launches soon!
    Stay tuned for more information.

FIRST VIDEO is up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    I'll pm you my credit card details and you can take what you want!!!!

Seriously though, fantastic news. When can we expect to see this in the App Store?

3. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    Yes, I'm curious as to around what timeframe it would be available. I loved the original Cover Orange, I've been looking for another good puzzler to be released. :)

4. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thank you @MarkyMarc and @Back2funk :)
    The game will release sometime next month.

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

6. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Looking forward to CO2 ... looks great :)

7. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Hey, awesome! Good to see you put some new ideas into the game. What's with the stars?

8. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    From FDG:

Cover Orange 2 will hit the App Store on June 20th! Get ready to save those oranges from the nasty acid rain.

9. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    Can't wait! :)

10. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Price?

gameplay looks stunning like first one- what will price be?
    June 20th release, right?
    So in this one you can choose where you place the orange unlike in first one..why was this changed? will it make it more challenging?
    Also, i like that you can customize your character, but what with the hidden stars?
    Does it contain 200 levels? and will, like the original, this one be updated with new levels?
    Hope you get to respond to my questions and am looking forward to this games release
    Thanks FDG!

11. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Excited, will purchase, but would much rather see Blosics 2.

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

Hi Mysticpete,

Thanks :) Price will be $.99 and it's a universal app this time. Yep - release is June 20.

We don't use this feature in every level - but yes, this makes it more challenging.

They appear while the cloud passes by. We added this element to make the waiting time more intersting.

It contains 120 levels at launch and we'll update it often like Cover Orange 1.
    In fact we already work on the first levelpack update.

You're welcome, cheers! :)

13. Mysticpete

Nov 26, 2012
    Thanks for replying to me @future777 :)

Only 120 levels? I thought from gameplay vid. that there were 5 areas with 40 levels in each. 4 areas with 30 in each then?
    I hope you regularly update like first one as I believe there are around 300 levels in that one and it was really nice getting new content in level packs so I hope eventually Cover Orange 2 can reach same size in levels
    Question about customization of character: Will you need to unlock new ones as you progress through levels or are they all unlocked for you
    Looking over video for this one and then looking at original again, I sorta came to the conclusion that the art style is not as pretty as in first!
    Did you guys change the art style?
    Sorry for so many questions- i promise no more from me

14. Future777

Patreon Studio

The original Cover Orange started with 80 levels, and see how far we came! :)
    Cover Orange 2 starts with 50% more levels.

You'll be pleased by the challenge and creativity of the levels.

About art style : we updated it to a more modern style but with the same spirit and even higher quality animations from the exact same graphics designer. The new Cover Orange is also running at 60fps for a much smoother experience.

Cover Orange 2 also has themes with specific backgrounds, objects and puzzle elements - which is much more complex and exciting than CO1

Customization of characters is fully unlocked from the beginning

15. Mysticpete

Nov 26, 2012
    I needed to get an idea of how much better this game is compared to original so when time comes, I would be ok deleting original and adding Cover Orange 2 to my idevice.
    reading your responses I am convinced now that this game will be an improvement on first and I for one will no doubt be buying this on the 20th :)

16. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thank you! :)

17. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Look great, i can see the polish too CO original via screenshot. This version i will decor my Orange character, that good. Say with me about the levels in this vesion, have a changes or more challenge?

18. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thanks! :) The levels in this game will be more challenging because we implemented new ideas which sometimes require thinking outside the box.

19. Future777

Patreon Studio

Cover Orange 2 arrives in 2 days!!! :) :D:)

20. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Okay, I definitely have one complain with CO2 - when you go to the list of levels, there are no scores showing (unlike CO). This makes it MUCH harder to scan through levels and see which ones to work on.

Also a question. If you get, say, 990 points on a level but don't get the star - and then you play it again and get 980 points and do get the star, it there any difference compared to getting the 990 with the star?