Oceanhorn -Game of the Year Edition-

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Future777, Jun 10, 2014.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Ahhh ok. I figured it would be paid dlc for future consumers lol. He made it sound like that at least. Thanks :)

2. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I think they chose blue clothes and brown hair for Link from the same reason we did for our Hero. We wanted our main character to stand out from the green colors of the levels.

3. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    What "very first" video are we talking about? The tech demo of 2012? That was a fancier version of Twillight Princess, nowhere near the glory that is becoming Zelda U. The first glance people got at this new game - Link, monster, general style and all - was yesterday at Nintendo's live event.

And I'm not saying Nintendo went all "Let's copy this indie game that copied one of our most popular IP!" - I'm just saying that there are definite similarities between the art styles of the two games. And wether that was intentional (or even concious) or just coincidental, to me as a fan of both games/series (and their respective art) this is rather interesting (you know, like "Great minds think alike!" and stuff).

Nice to see such an insight from the devs, wouldn't have been my first guess for the colour decisions. But it makes a lot of sense, I guess.

Also, wishing you luck/success with this Game Of The Year Edition, don't know wether it is enough for me to reinstall and play through the game again, but I'm definitely happy to see devs continually work on their (already great) games.

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    This is such a great game! I've done all but the final boss battle, and I've been saving that simply because I don't want to finish yet. It makes me very happy to hear that there will soon be even more content! I can extend my voyage further, and maybe it'll spur me to finally finish... because then I can start again from the beginning!! Yep, such a great, fun game!

5. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Thank you so much everyone!

The update is almost ready to submit, reveal trailer will be unlocked on Youtube in the coming days. Please stay tuned :) :D

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I'm pretty sure they mean if you bought the game before update then you get the upstate free, if you didn't then the AppStore will have a goty Version that will cost a little more than the non goty version.

7. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Woot. Cannot wait! Going to be another big download so it's probably wise to delete some stuff I don't need on my device soon.

8. Future777

Patreon Studio

The price for the full version will stay the same - the add-on content made for everybody. New players and veterans alike :)

9. Future777

Patreon Studio

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Just to confirm, the add on will be free for everyone even if you buy oceanhorn after the update comes out and the price will still be the same then it currently is right now? I'm kinda broke right now so I will have to wait next month to buy this game. This has been on my to buy list for way too long. And next month seems like a great time to pick it up.

11. Klonis

Klonis Active Member

Apr 2, 2011
    This amazing update is free for everyone and the price will be the same!Go buy everyone this gem!!

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

Yes, that is 100% correct :)