Heroes & Castles (Foursaken Media) - ARPG/Strategy/Defense - Coming Jan 17!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #21 undeadcow, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    SWEEEET GAME, and no it isnt a remake its 3rd person single control, not controlling everyone i believe.

3. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Also, is there gonna be a beta

4. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #24 iJay, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    I only read the description, but that game says it is a turned based strategy game, and even mentioned Civilization... ?

Edit: On an unrelated note, do you still play Bug Heroes at all? I remember you from that thread. I loved that game.

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I'm just not seeing it at all :p (and yes, I do own Battles and Castles, which has turn based combat, tile based movement, no real time action elements, totally different art style, different perspectives, etc). The differences should become more clear as we release more details and a trailer :)

To my knowledge though, the closest thing out there to Heroes & Castles is... well nothing :p That's one of the reasons we're making it!

Heroes & Castles is all about being immersed inside of a battle that you influence - its just as much a 3rd person action game as it is a strategy or castle defense game. We want you to feel like you're right there part of a huge battle... Its just an awesome experience when you're in the fray alongside your towering giant allies, with your pikemen vanguard and your dwarven musketeers firing away from behind you on your castle walls :D

And it only gets better when playing co-op!

No beta for this one :( Good news is we're pretty far along in development, so you won't have to wait very long :D Hoping to release a trailer soon.

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It seems my ploy has worked.
    Bug Heroes is great, I'm hopefully it won't be forgotten.

7. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Bahahaha.

I've heard whispers of a Bug Heroes 2...

8. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    This looks freakin amazing :eek:

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If I understand the Heroes & Castles description correctly it seems possible the Bug Heroes engine is at work here too...

10. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This game looks like bug heroes with more allies, and you being the allies. Looks real great, I say. Can't wait!

11. joshuaedwardk

joshuaedwardk Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I played the hell out of bug heroes and I'm already sold on Heroes & Castles.

12. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Ok N.Y. Zombies 2 now this, just take all my money. You guys are awesome.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

There are some definite similarities to Bug Heroes... but Heroes & Castles is more about immersion in a huge battle, building units, and managing your gold, buildings, and defenses.

All of our games use our in-house engine, the Origin Engine... as you can see its come a long way since NYZ1 :p The good part about our own engine is we can be a lot more flexible in certain things, which is why we have just recently been able to put out more games, that are better!

Anyway, should have a gameplay trailer out sometime soon!

14. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    #34 User58394, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    Or more like Warcraft 3? Love the scenery and everything. So like Warcraft, but more focus on the hero? No complaints. This looks damn good.

Btw, I know this is wayyyyy to early, but should we suspect villains and castles?

And how does unit building work? Do they just spawn and attack? Or do they come from your castle and run along a designated path?

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Woah where did this come from. I really like the fact you guys are pumping games out quickly. I've played them all and love all of them. I must say I'm really excited for this. Thanks for the news!!!

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Units spawn from your castle, and then seek out enemies to attack... well, depending on their behavior. Some units you build like archers will stay on your castle walls and defend. Some like the dwarven Blunderbusses patrol near your castle walls on the ground. Each unit has their own AI.

We'll go over in more detail the hero, unit building, and base building aspects of the game in the following days :)

Thanks man, we really appreciate all our fan support :D

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    No problem. Best of luck with this and nyz2 which releases in a couple days. YESSS

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Looking awesome. Release this year, hopefully?

Edit: cool. It has co-op. my anticipation of this game just went up 150%

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hoping for Heroes & Castles to hit the App store mid November to early December :)

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Good news! Looks like we'll be getting a lot of good releases then-RS2, Forgotten Memories, NFS, 2013 infected wars, MC4, now this. Nov-end of year is going to be an awesome time for iOS gaming.

How long has this been in development?