2D Platformer: Mega Bomb Boy-scheduled for release in Early November

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TrueMediaGames, Oct 11, 2012.

1. TrueMediaGames

TrueMediaGames Active Member

May 1, 2011
    #1 TrueMediaGames, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    Mega Bomb Boy is a hardcore micro-level based platform game for iOS. The overall gameplay and feel is similar to that of Super Mario World, Megaman and Super Meat Boy. The gameplay is twitch based and the controls are suited perfectly for a touch device! Scheduled for a Late October/ Early November launch and expected to be released on other platforms soon after.

I am incredibly excited for this release and expect that around launch time there will be at least 100 levels with at least 60 more in subsequent updates!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Keep a look out!

2. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Also if you'd like to be a part of the test group shoot me an email At: [email protected]

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That looks great!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Looking pretty slicK! :D

5. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Thanks!

The footage is still in beta i'd say, but a very soft beta. Only bits of polishing will be added.

There are currently 5 worlds, 2 of which you get a preview of in the video.

1. The Outskirts of Blocktropolis
    2. League of Weeble

And the other 3 will be a surprise! I hope everyone loves this game as a much as I do, and I hope it helps me to purchase my home for my son and wife. But more importantly I hope people enjoy it.

It's been fun!

6. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    #6 TrueMediaGames, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Here's a little background for anyone interested!

Click the image below to check out a background for your computers! Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

7. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011

Thanks guys!
    I am pretty excited!

Jason

8. Kablermo

Kablermo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    This is just a copy of CheeseMan with different graphics. Those games are EXACTLY the same.

Seriously.

9. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    #9 TrueMediaGames, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    Hey

I will admit that 3 of the games initial levels are heavily inspired by cheeseman I loved that game, but there are also levels inspired by meatboy, and there are also levels inspired by league of evil, and there are also levels inspired by megaman. But none of the levels are the exact same as any of the games I have just mentioned, there are over 100 levels in the works as I have stated before, and although the style and certain elements are inspired by different games...

None of them are the same. I did love cheeseman, but the controls of the character are actually much closer to that of league of evil as you can slide and do different maneuvers that are not available in cheeseman, and there are actually other abilities that can be unlocked later within the game that mix things up even further.

As a little spoiler of sorts I will tell you that in each world you gat a new ability or special move of sorts that will help you progress in the game as well as unlock different secret areas in levels you have already completed.

Thank you for your feedback and as I said I do admit the first couple levels were in fact inspired by cheeseman. They are not the same though I can assure you, I liked cheeseman's early difficulty level and felt it was an appropriate place to start off in terms of the games difficulty. There are actually a few levels that are lifted directly from battletoads, a stage similar to double dragon, and a few of the hardest stages from various mario games. Also a couple from meatboy and just a slew of original ones as well.

Admittedly the game is a mix and match of my favorite games of all time, and cheeseman is in the top 3 of my favorite mobile games of all time. Credit is given in the game for all of the games I was inspired by and nothing is a direct rip as I have said before. I truly think this a game that everyone will have a blast with.

I will have updated footage hopefully in the next few days to give a clearer image of the game as a whole.

Jason

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think the game looks great, cant wait to play it. Lots of platform games are 'inspired' by others i wouldnt worry. Everyone goes on about games copying Super Mario Land, hello ! Super Mario Land you could say was a copy of some early 80's games (Manic Miner) which in turn was an homage to Miner 2049er

What do you think Cheeseman was inspired by ? People are talking like that was an original !

11. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    Man, I like the games look, and even more love the sounds in trailer but I'm not sure if I like to hear music restarts and breaks so often. Not sure how it works in game, but in the trailer it is a bit annoying. But the game looks quite funny. Good luck! :)

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think its nothing to worry about, just different sequences cut up together. Just hope the game has some 'easier' levels as some of the ones in that video look like they could be frustrating!

Shame there isnt a fire button to shoot at enemies (so more Megaman) but either way as a standard platformer it looks great

13. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Game looks far better than CheeseMan but these Gamesalad developers need to take game making serious because CheeseMan till this day says coming soon on new levels and nothing, instead the PAID version was made free and updated with iAds. Hope this wont be the same

14. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Maybe in some of the worlds there is a fire button........we'll have to see....(-:

15. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Yeah, this isn't an official trailer. There will be one on it's way soon! Just bits of cutup levels and things!
    But thanks for the kind words..much appreciated!

16. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Whatchoo talkin bout? (-: It is going to have loads and loads of gameplay and levels, and more that will be made prior/during the release to ensure lots of update action.

I'd like to make mega bomb boy a serious character in multiple games if possible. He also sort of has the attitude of sonic in many ways. He's a mutt.

Jason

17. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Look forward to the release. Bomb boy looks good I like the character design. No offence but you know how some of these Gamesalad users are, specially that guy who made CheeseMan all talk but no action. But this game looks serious and you will have my support on this one :)

18. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    You have my interest, this game looks like it could be good

19. TrueMediaGames

May 1, 2011
    Thanks Everybody! Here's a little teaser graphic...

[​IMG]

Hmm...I wonder who Jimmy Blast is?:D

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    And lets not forget Metroid.