Survey on Word Games for Academic Research

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sourabh2504, Apr 23, 2012.

1. sourabh2504

sourabh2504 Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Guys

I am Sourabh, an MBA student from NITK Surathkal, India. As part of my research project (which incidentally is about mobile gaming ), I am required to conduct an online survey regarding the demographics of smartphone (iOS and Android) users who play Word games like Words With Friends, Scrabble etc.

I would request you to undertake this survey (its just 10 Questions), which will allow me to submit my thesis. The survey can be found here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LF6RGWC

The data collected is purely for research purposes.

Regards
    Sourabh Jain

2. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Questions are tough to answer with the vague 'word game' description. EG: do I prefer single or multiplayer. It really depends on the game.

Words with friends is excellent multiplayer - I wouldn't want to play an offline version.
    However Spell Tower I prefer single player over the similar multiplayer 'scramble with friends'.

3. sourabh2504

sourabh2504 Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Blackharon
    Thank you for the inputs. By Word Games, I refer to all those games that feature on the 'Word' Games section on the iTunes App Store.

It is really interesting to see that some games may be best played in multiplayer while others are better off in Single Player.

Thanks and Regards