Universal Block Fortress: War - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    They are actually working on two brand new IPs, plus converting most of their newest releases to Android... can't wait for more info, but I guess we have to :)

2. rodz'ski

rodz'ski Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    So Cal
    Anyone else find psychics mind trick power useless because it's the third tier of his power?

3. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I find it great, actually. Being able to control any group of units to your side is amazing, and especially when you get a group of enemy heavy hitters on your side.

4. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Bumping this thread from the grave of yore here, but I'm having an issue where I get zero sound or music playing. iPod music don't work in it either. Is there a way to fix this?

5. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Shameless bump (again)

Thread is dead. We need moar speak.

Also, now Goblocks are crashing out. Been having this issue with Mecha 5, but now it's happening in Zom 3. (Haven't tested anywhere else. Mecha 5 is a guaranteed crash in 2 minutes on that level for me, though.)
    Hopefully we get a fix after Foursaken does their priorities. :)

6. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    This is really a fantastic game. If it were on PC or modding games on Ios was easier, the community would have grabbed this base game and ran so far with it.

Unfortunately, I feel like we have covered all we can cover in the last 83 pages :( they are probably done, though Foursaken Tom had hinted at some other deeper elements, plus user created maps.... But it has taken the back burner w the new games.

The other stink about it is, this is mobile gaming. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am mentality leads to a game getting played hot and heavy, then another five come out, then a bunch go on sale..... And gems like this die quickly away in only a couple of months.

7. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    All too true, my friend... All too true.

8. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    New update is awesome!!!!!

-Crash fixes
    -Optimizations
    -Improved. Data. Stability. Woohoo!

What I wish it also added...

-User created missions!
    *build endless maps! barracks vs barracks! Tower defense, capture the flag and MORE! Be creative!
    *full user-friendly tools that are easy to learn, allow a great deal of freedom
    *upload maps to a database and download and rate others creations!
    *add QTEs, dialogue, etc.
    *string maps together to create a whole world!
    *a brand new world featuring all 5 races, made with the user tools by the bros!

It's ok, wishful thinking... At least it's Optimizations are optimized now! :D

9. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Thread is dead because most people is done with it. I used to be here, but then I won all campaigns. I would be super happy if there was more content tho!

10. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Saw the update finally, but I don't get why it's 17+ now. It shouldn't be at all.

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hmmm, that sounds fishy... checking out why its 17+. We didn't change anything in regards to age rating, so I wonder if its something under the hood with Apple... either way we're looking into it!

12. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Figured it out.

Check this article for details. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/01/apple-raises-age-limit-for-violent-nra-target-practice-game/

Good to hear from you guys again, and that you're looking into why the requirement was raised. I unfortunately cannot download the update, because playing as Gunner for Gobs is REALLY fun... And now I have to deal with crashes until this bull is resolved.

13. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Endless is still ridiculous fun... Does anyone else use different configs with Blockmen? I always default to the tower of power or as my girls call it, a gun tree :D

Attached Files:

14. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    Game got updated. Age rating is now set back to 12+, and Chargers have been nerfed, most likely due to pvp reasons.

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

When Block Fortress War was announced, I was kind of disappointed. The original Block Fortress was and still is one of my favorite IOS games and I really just wanted more of the same.

But I recently got into RTS's and now BF: War looked much more appealing. Downloaded this thanks to the free sale and I'm really enjoying the game. Maybe even more than the original

What I really liked about the original, besides the solid FPS gameplay and tons of strategy in the base building, was the spectacle. Constructing a sprawling network of turrets and defenses and then seeing the chaos as dozens and dozens of projectiles laid waste to everything was just awesome

Block Fortress retains that spectacle and the bird's eye view makes it easier to appreciate. The RTS mechanics present a different kind of strategic gameplay. The controls are really responsive and the game is hard. Losing a resource point is usually the beginning of the end and figuring out the best use of your limited resources gives the game almost a puzzle vibe.

I'm like Block Fortress War a lot more than I had expected. Can't wait to try out the other factions

16. Myndflame

Apr 18, 2013
    You'll love the Zomblocks, trust me.

17. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I want them so much, they look so cool to play with. Any tips for the 4th mission against them with blockmen? I can almost get new races but this mission is giving me more trouble than i thought it would.

Also, i love the game, might buy some IAP to support Foursaken.

18. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    As everyone else says, the game is awesome! As for levels, if you ever need help just look at Explosive's videos.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8aigRE2yDPg

19. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Thanks! I checkend the vid and the first structure he build inspired me, it wasn't a exact copy but it had the same look. All i needed was that tower, and i made it through. Got 100% on the block men now. Damn that last robot mission was though. My base was secure due to 50.cals. Alot of them. But everything else was just gone, and my units got wiped out easily. So what i did was rush to the enemy barracks and used an airstrike, died after that. I respawned and repeated, and won. If i didn't do the kami bomb runs i would still be there, pushing back the bots, then getting pushed back.

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Question, how do you move the camera? One finger touch changes where you look. Arrows raise and lower camera but is there a way to move the camera so you're closer to enemy base? A little hard placing structures closer to enemy base when your camera is stuck on your side.