Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 10-20-2013, 04:50 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
No, I really don't think you do understand it.
You don't pay for more levels at all.

You pay to buy the complete game.

That's a very important distinction.

Freemium, you just keep paying.
Or not paying and delete...
Old 10-20-2013, 09:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Might as well chime in:

I never have or will buy consumable IAP. One, my device is a revolving door for games as it is. I'm not going to waste a few bucks on "progress"-gaining items for a game I might not have in a month. I'd rather save that money for games and devs that deserve it (Foursaken, Crescent Moon, quality premium games)

And two, I love the shareware/game unlock model. That's IAP done right. In terms of freemium, I have no problems grinding for a bit but I have zero patience for timers. If you're going to punish me for playing your game by making me not be able to play your game, then that game will soon be deleted. Games like Trial By Survival and Smash Bandits are steps in the right direction (IAP that removes timers and basically makes the game premium, update that removes timers).

I have no problem paying 3, 4, 5 dollars for a quality premium game. Devs who release those kinds of games respect us gamers and deserve our money and support. Now the reason I might not buy 0.99 or ask for impressions on such a low-priced game is that I usually have limited funds and every dollar counts.

Last edited by Bronxsta; 10-20-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 01:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
No, I really don't think you do understand it.
You don't pay for more levels at all.

You pay to buy the complete game.

That's a very important distinction.

Freemium, you just keep paying.
I know, that's what I meant by more levels. You get certain part for free, then you have to pay. I'd just rather get the whole thing for free and have an option on whether or not to pay for IAPs. I don't pay for the IAPs, I just play normally. I find it less annoying to be prompted to buy something that's not COMPLETELY necessary for the game, then have to pay for the rest.

Shareware: Pay for the rest of the game.

Freemium: IAPs that can greatly help the game, but you aren't forced to buy them.

I do admit, some IAPs can be game-crippling, but the game is still playable. IAPs aren't necessary, but the game can be hard to play without them.

Some people just prefer other game models than you.

I would even rather buy a paid app, because at least you don't have to pay for the rest of the game in the middle of gameplay. You pay from the start.

But anyway, back on topic. I just prefer freemium over shareware.