Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-16-2013, 09:52 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Hello, welcome aboard.

The UI is pretty responsive and the game is smooth, so far. However, I cannot zoom in the map to see my units and the combat results, both at RD or not. I am worried I cannot go on playing more complex scenarios.
Yes combat results are too fast, especially on AI turn, you're left pretty clueless
about what exactly happened. The remedy in 2.8.0 is to have a turn report at the end where you can see exactly what happened and to which units, beside changing a little bit how the combatants are shown during combat.

Zooming in it's not possible atm on iOS version, there are some performance issues that I need to investigate first.

Quote:
Also, the UI does not scale correctly at 1.3x or above and I cannot read the unit info clear. I also find the unit info bar moves away from the screen bottom when I pan across the map.
Yes, there is a limitation of the iOS webkit engine, I don't have a fix atm. For retina I could do a UI at 1.5x directly but won't be dynamic. Full retina resolution still needs some work.

Quote:
Sorry I am a little harsher than normal and I understand it is ported from web interface but mobile touchscreen is very different from the web one.
Thanks for the feedback. Regarding touch UI I have a feeling that at least right side buttons should be a little bigger by default and end-turn should have a confirmation (something like 1 tap transforms into a OK sign and second tap on it end turn. tapping anywhere else would cancel end-turn).
Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Thank you for your prompt response and commitment. The port is not easy by any means but I think there is a lot of potential here. Please keep up with the effort.

I don't think this will hurt the sale of Panzer Corps any how but I am keeping this game on my iPad.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

wow,that came out of nowhere.I played this via browser (on iPad)but was hoping it would arrive on ipad one day...i'll give it a try and leave my impressions here then.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:07 AM

Just find that the app itself is universal, so I suggest it be moved to the forum it belongs.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This is universal. Works well on iPhone. Not perfect but I'm stoked about this release. I'd gladly pay to help support this game.

I think this could do very well with its universal support, if you charged of course. I'd recommend a polish over first but I'm enjoying it so far.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 01-11-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 01:31 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default 2.8.0 release

Hi,

2.8.0 has been finally approved, changes are:

• Added End of Turn Combat Report, that tracks everything that happens in a turn
• UI improvements
• UI fixes for full retina mode
• Fix blur on UI scale
• Fix annoying scrolling issues
• Better compatibility with older devices like iPhone 3GS
• Make AI more aggressive, AI will still play defensive but will try to push the front line away from objectives.
• Make it playable on retina iPhone without forcing to full resolution
• Added achievements and medals for finishing the campaigns
• Added 2000 starting prestige for stand alone scenarios as most of them are designed for campaign play
• Added 700 starting prestige to Fall Weiss campaign
• Add end of turn automatic resupply for units that didn’t perform actions and are in city/airport
• Reinforcing a unit also resupplies the unit automatically
• Added confirmation for End Turn to prevent accidental tap
• Air mode button now can also deselect currently selected air unit
• Add attack penalty for anti-tank units that moved in the same turn

The changes are mostly in UI domain with the addition of the End Turn report which tracks what happens to your units, reinforcements received, experience gains etc. Although it's an End Turn report it's actually updated live, so you can check in your turn also.

Sadly there aren't any new campaigns, as I didn't have the time to completely play test the Russian campaign which is pretty large.

As the approval process had taken quite some time, I'm pretty far into 2.9.0 which brings Engineer bridges fixes, unit leaders, separate map zoom and another 1000+ units from the late 1944, 1945.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Problems I have for ipad open panzer. When trying to purchase fighters the cursor goes from the fighter icon to the anti air icon. You have to click many times to finally get the fighter icon. Also the lady icon covered by the regular game icons can not be accessed . I assume this icon is for ground support air craft. In other words I can not purchase Stukas only fighters and that is a maybe. Please correct this problem also by moving the purchase icons over more to the left and not have them covered my the up and down row of game icons. Also what do the icons next to the purchase icon mean and what are the two icons to the far right of the purchase icon mean or do.
A summery of what all the units symbols mean would be nice in a separate section . I think I saw it once in the purchase section but can't find it again I have version 2.8.

Ignore the above I fixed the problem by changing the screen size all now works

Thank you

Last edited by roalan; 03-13-2014 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Fixed problem
Old 03-13-2014, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I notice in screen shot two and three my ipad screen does not show all those purchase icons and the game icons are not over the far right but over the last few purchase icons. You screen shot is not accurate for the ipad 2 ignore this I fixed the problem by changing the screen size

Last edited by roalan; 03-13-2014 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: I fixed the problem
Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I fixed it