iPhone First Strike - a nuclear war RTS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JeremySpillmann, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It'll be $1.99 US

2. DomTranslator

DomTranslator Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks! :D

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait.... Nvm. I coulda sworn I remember end reading that somewhere but I can't find it again.... I guess not. Let's wait for the Dev response

4. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hehehe

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Wow looks incredible!! Really interested in this now. 1 question, is it more about the decisions you make than just timing of nuke launches like it is in Defcon by Introversion (on PC)?

So not advanced 'missile command' trying to get all your nukes to arrive at target at the same time? Is there a way to win just by defending or you must attack to win?

On second thoughts don't answer. I would rather discover this by playing! :)

6. amur11

amur11 Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Looks very interesting! How smooth is the frame rate on the touch devices? Will it play smoothly on lower end devices or do I need to have the latest + greatest tablet to play it?

7. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    this game only ipad :( bad

8. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    @DomTranslator: The game will be fully premium. All Alliances can be unlocked through playthroughs.
    The price will be 3.99$. 1/4th of every purchase will go towards a charity organisation for reducing of nuclear arsenals, like ICAN or Greencross. We are still working out the partner question.

@Baracus: Eh, its kinda both. It's mainly about time and risk managment while also retaining overview to defend. You need to decide what Nations to use and which to keep idle. Its a big gamble to go all out, since it leaves your alliance very vulnerable but could bring down an enemy alliance.

@amur11: On iOS side, it runs very smoothly from retina up. iPad2 and Mini 1st Gen can experience minor hickups, but it mostly runs very well frameratewise. However, Calm Down Tom reported some stability issues on the Mini1. The new 1.0.2 should improve that, but if the problem still persists, we will definetly improve it with an update

1.0.2 has passed the apple review today. We will start writing press letters tomorrow. In the meantime: WE MADE SOME GIFS TODAY!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow this looks sweet.

10. amur11

amur11 Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Wow, I really love the missile streaks in the second gif animation! Looks great!

11. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Bumping to keep this thread fresh in my mind!

Still due to release this week is it?

VERY EXCITED!!!

12. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Ever since seeing the movie WarGames back in the day I've been wishing for a game like this.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Get your 4 bucks ready for tomorrow night!

14. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    Thanks guys. Yea, I'm also very excited on how the launch will be. Luckily GDC keeps me very busy atm

we've just 3D Printed and painted one of the rockets from first strike, in time for the booth

[​IMG]

15. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    3D printing ICBMs? You may get kidnapped by North Koreans at the event if you're not careful.

16. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    Or thoroughly searched by the TSA Security at the airport at least, if our booth is vacant at GDC you know what happened.

... Damn, the NSA probably read that. Now it will take me forever to get through customs!

17. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Updates? iPod Touch 3G?

Will there be updates to the game after it's released?Will the game be able to run on a iPod Touch 3G 32GB running IOS 5.1.1?

18. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    No, the game will be tablets only. It uses a lot of memory and while the iPhone 5+ can handle it, the usability is very poor on the small screen.

We do have plans to support it, but it will ultimately be a decision based on the success of the launch. We always to plans what we'd to in the next 2 months if its mildly successful (iPhone interface, Windows App, unique powers) and what we would do the next 6 months if it is a hit (multiplayer, campaign, vita). But i can't promise anything, if it isn't received well we will need to do 1-2 more contract jobs again to finance the next shot at the app store, sorry :/

19. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    So no iPod Touch 3G support? Not even in the future?

20. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Great game to have!

Dammit, it would have been such a great game to have and I would even have promoted the game so much so that people started taking notice of the game! Oh well, off to promote some other game.