Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-14-2013, 05:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

How are you guys getting full setting? On my iphone 5 some options are greyed out.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:02 AM

Real Talk:

I love the new touch controls; it's what I was looking for. It would be nice to see an option to move/resize controls. They are a bit too small, probably could be nudged up a smidge as well.

My fingers don't like to be hanging on to the edge of my iPhone case, trying to avoid the fairly occasional crashes from random stunt accidents (caused by my fingers unnoticeably slipping off the buttons).

At least put the control arrows more so in a spot where a person generally and subconsciously will use (even without complete touch button controls).

Vector Unit, you are great! Thanks for your continued allegiance to us WaveRacers.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavidmerritt View Post
Real Talk:

I love the new touch controls; it's what I was looking for. It would be nice to see an option to move/resize controls. They are a bit too small, probably could be nudged up a smidge as well.

My fingers don't like to be hanging on to the edge of my iPhone case, trying to avoid the fairly occasional crashes from random stunt accidents (caused by my fingers unnoticeably slipping off the buttons).

At least put the control arrows more so in a spot where a person generally and subconsciously will use (even without complete touch button controls).

Vector Unit, you are great! Thanks for your continued allegiance to us WaveRacers.
Edit: I've noticed the touch control arrows are not working well. It is quite a hassle to use. For example, after doing a ramp stunt, when I simply place my hands afterward to resume left/right and acc/break controls, the arrows think I'm trying to do another stunt after landing from a jump. No bueno. The arrows are becoming quite unreliable. Please look into this issue for us 'simulation gamers' using all touch controls for full control. Thanks!

Resize and relocation options for control arrows will probably fix the issue.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

How do you change the gender of your racer? I can't find it on the options.

I have the android version btw but the update log also says you can race as a female.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Go into the customization section where you can paint your craft, I think option is there.

On the other hand, even with a maxed out vehicle, I am sometimes struggling to be first. Some can call this a challenge, but what if my ship wasn't upgraded? I'd just be last everytime?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Go into the customization section where you can paint your craft, I think option is there.

On the other hand, even with a maxed out vehicle, I am sometimes struggling to be first. Some can call this a challenge, but what if my ship wasn't upgraded? I'd just be last everytime?
Thank you! Yup it's in the paint shop.

Anyway I'm still struggling in the second set of races. Can't buy the second jet ski yet so it's been hard for me to get more stars to unlock the third. This game is not easy.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Thank you! Yup it's in the paint shop.

Anyway I'm still struggling in the second set of races. Can't buy the second jet ski yet so it's been hard for me to get more stars to unlock the third. This game is not easy.
I'm glad it's not easy, though. The amount of grinding you have to do to compete in the top races I feel is very well done. It's one of the first games I've owned that has enough content to keep me busy and entertained while working on upgrades to race through all the challenges.

I'd still like to see some improvements on the full arrow controls so my racer doesn't randomly try stunts just to crash and burn for no reason.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:56 AM

$.99 sale! Happy thanksgiving!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I love this game! It's even more fun than the first Riptide. There are more stunts and they are crazier, and stages are diverse. Customization is great, I'm now able to be as gaudy as I want the game requires some grinding at first, but it's still an enjoyable grind! Doesn't seem to find many people playing online though.