Upcoming Mario/Bounce On type game...

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pfish3, Jun 15, 2009.

1. pfish3

pfish3 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Hey I wanted to let everyone know that a group of my friends and myself are making a game which is very similar to an old Mario game or the great game for the iPhone Bounce On (which I loved my the way). We decided there are not many of those types of games on the app store at the moment and we always wanted to add so many awesome features to the games when we played them. I mean why just collect coins in Mario just to add to your high score... Wouldn't you want a store type thing at the end of each level and use those coins for special weapons/1-ups? Just the type of game brings me back to the good old days, but obviously this game would have updated amazing picture quality! lol.

Anyway, I just wanted people to know and I'm curious as to how many people would see themselves wanting to buy such a game. I am just starting the project so nothing to show yet but I will soon. ;)

2. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    I love these kind of games if you can pull it off you got sale here good luck and keep us updated

3. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #3 CBraun53, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    I love Mario, Bounce On, Sonic and other platformers of that sort. I'll be keeping an eye out for this game. Good look with the developing.

On another note, where in Chicago are you guys located at?

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The thing about these games is that they usually require amazing, amazing precision. I mean, I remember playing a level where Mario had to jump on two koopas over a lava waterfall. If you can make that kind of precision possible with a good control scheme, along with creative levels and good graphics, I'm sold.

5. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I just have to say, Devin Townsend is so much win.

On topic, a Mario game would be cool

6. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    \m/ \m/

7. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Oh hell yea I'd get it...just don't get cocky and overprice it. $1-$3 is appropriate for a side-scroller platformer unless its REALLY long.

8. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Sounds like a good game, on paper anyway. I want to see pictures/footage first.

9. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    don't worry about it selling.there is a big market for platformers.look how quickly sonic flew up the charts.and look how well Mario games have been sold. I'm also sure that castle of magic will do well.as long as you make it so there is replay value(maybe randomly generated maps or make your own maps?) then it will sell very well.

10. pfish3

pfish3 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah I know what your saying. I'll do my best.

Any other suggestions as to what would be different and better added to this game. Anything you said to yourself after playing Mario or Sonic and said "hey I just wish they would have added such and such."

11. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Sounds great, there aren't nearly enough platform games. I'll be keeping an eye on this one but it might be a bit difficult if I don't know the name...*hint* *hint* xD