Heavy Rockets: modern cave shooter game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HeavyRockets, May 30, 2013.

1. HeavyRockets

HeavyRockets Active Member

May 27, 2013
    Graphic designer, indie gamedev
    Finland
    #1 HeavyRockets, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

Heavy Rockets is the coolest cave flyer shooter game on the planet. Fans of the classic game genre, will finally be able to enjoy this gravity defying treat with their modern iOS devices and later also with Mac OS X. The iOS version of Heavy Rockets will be released in 2015. Visit heavyrockets.com for more information.

The graphic design of Heavy Rockets has been inspired by constructivist paintings and old school 2D vector graphic games.

[​IMG]

Race

In the Race mode, your job is just simply to fly through the race track as quickly as you can. Best lap times are rewarded with cool additional features and extra weapons, so hurry up! You can race against your own time, or against your friends time. In time shifted multiplayer mode, you will be able to see your friends lap re-created on the screen, and you can race against the ships ghost. Real time multiplayer mode is also available via shared wifi.

Battle

After achieving everything there is in the race mode, it´s time to head up to the battle field. The rules are simple, the last man flying is the winner. You can team up with friends or battle head to head with just one friend. You can have 2-4 players battling in the caves in teams of 1-3 players. Select your favorite weapons and blow your opponents to bits and pieces. Multiplayer battle takes place over a shared wifi.

Controls

Controlling your rocket in a hazardous environment is never easy. If this is you first cave flyer shooter experience, getting to know the controls can be a little tricky at first. But not to worry, with a little practice your rocket will be soon directed by millimeter precision to the desired locations, and you will be able to fly through the tracks with full speed. There are two sets of controls. One designed specially for iPhone, and one for iPad. In the OS X version, controlling is done with your keyboard.

iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (and Mac)

Players can join a game together using their different devices- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch using a shared wifi connection. Later also coming OS X version, that enables joining in with your Mac as well!

Heavy Rockets Team

Heavy rockets has been created by a development team of two. Jukka is in charge of graphics, sounds, music and all general design. Markus creates the game, and is in charge of programming and design. Previously we have published AirCassette cassette player application that received good comments in New York Times, Wired and Gizmodo after it was published.

Visit heavyrockets.com for more information.

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    this looks awesome. I've been trying to make a game with that art style but I gave up on it. Glad to see someone is going to do it.

Attached Files:

3. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland
    Why did you gave up? That looks awesome.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    maybe i'll get back on it. :) anyway - sweet looking game! can't wait to check it out.

5. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland
    #5 HeavyRockets, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks great. Hope the controls work well, what are they ?

Love the graphics, its like a large 'Thrust' type world, love it

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Love the implementation of inertia on the movement, reminds me of how Starborn Anarkist did it. Looking forward to its release.

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Lovely!!! I will get that one as soon as its out for sure! The music is very good too! It really reminds me an old MacIntosh game something like 20 years ago (1994 or 1995) that was very similar, like a small spaceship you could fly on a planet and you could even land, what was that game?

9. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    The game graphic looks great.

10. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wow totally missed it, look really nice

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Very cool, definitely looking forward to this

12. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland

There will be two sets of controls (at least). One designed specially for iPhone, and one for iPad. The iPhone controls will be combination of tilt and touch controls.

Read more about Heavy Rockets http://www.heavyrockets.com/about/

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is beautiful :O

14. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland
  15. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Wow, this one looks bloody fantastic!

I spent most of my Uni days playing Gravity Force 2 on my Amiga, and this looks like a really nice game in the same vein. Are you going to add a single player mode, or maybe even a way of playing against an AI opponent? It would be a real shame if this was a multiplayer only game. A level editor would be nice too. Hey, if they could do it with GF2 nearly 20 years ago I'm sure you guys could do it too! ;)

16. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Any idea for release date in Q1?

17. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland
    Yes, Gravity Force was one of our favourite games too!

There will be AI opponents. In race game mode you can play against your own ghost, or your friends ghost too.

No level editor, sorry :(

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This...looks...awesome.... just a little question: IAP?

19. HeavyRockets

May 27, 2013
    Finland
    No release date yet. Heavy Rockets will be available in soft launch for players in Finland first.