Universal Vertical Divide - A number puzzle game (BETA TESTING)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by emorrisgames, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Hi, I'm Emmet Morris. I previously made the game 'Gleamer', and I'm now getting ready to release a new game called 'Vertical Divide'. It's a falling number block puzzle game (think drop7), but where you have to divide numbers to remove blocks from the game board. First I'll introduce the game, and then there is beta testing information below.

Here is the trailer:

And here are some images that explain the game in a simple way (click for larger):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

**BETA INFORMATION**

I'm about to run an open beta through TestFlight before I get ready to release it. The beta is open to anyone with an iOS device running iOS 6.0 or later. If you would like to participate, please sign up on my website: http://www.emmetmorris.com/vertical-divide-beta

I would also appreciate any like and follows on the facebook and twitter accounts for the game:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/verticaldivide/
    Twitter: @VerticalDivide

If you have any questions, please ask.

2. Matze

Matze New Member

Signed up. Looks like 2048, but a little bit more challenging :)

3. Thanks. Still looking for a few more. Anyone interested?

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Really good idea, nice clean minimalist look.
    Would you consider making a mode where you don't create larger numbers by putting blue tiles next to each other?i know that's part of the challenge, but man I suck at math lol.

5. #5 emorrisgames, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    I hadn't thought to do that, but yeah it could be an option to look at in an update. I think it's also still really possible to play without making larger numbers too. I sometimes go through rounds just doing single digit divisions.

6. Here is an in-game shot:

Attached Files:

7. Matze

Matze New Member

Actually I'm always trying to avoid the larger numbers :D

8. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I try and avoid making larger numbers but at some point it seems inevitable. It certainly brushes up my brain on division :)

Not to be picky but have you considered color theme options for the blocks and backgrounds?
    This is a really good game.

9. I had considered different color themes. It wouldn't make it into release version, but anything is possible for updates. Any particular theme you were thinking of?

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Really looking forward to this! Regarding themes, adding a Night Mode/Dark Mode would be awesome and appreciated (assuming it's not a pain to add). Either way, I'm excited to play.

11. Yes, this was a comment I heard from another person too. I don't think it will make release because of the time it will take to do properly, but definitely something I'll look at for a first update. I am actually going to try to slightly redo the menus before release to make it easier to update later.

12. I have put a new build up that hopefully will be the last before submitting to App Store. If anyone else would like to get in to test the beta and help me check if everything is running before I submit, now would be a great time. Thanks.

www.emmetmorris.com/vertical-divide-beta

13. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    All running smoothly as far as I could tell. I tried pressing all the buttons.

14. Thank you to those who helped test and provided feedback. I have now submitted the game for review, so hopefully should be out in a few weeks time. Will update later on with a proper date.

15. Just an update: Vertical Divide will release on February 25. Going head to head with Assassin's Creed. Which game will win the coveted App Store headline feature? ;)