Game recommendations here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I was wondering what games would you suggest I should play on my
    iPad and iPhone?
    All I have right now is
    IPad
    Infinity Blade 1-3
    Leo's Fortune
    Implosion
    Fahrenheit
    Hitman Go
    Lara Croft GO

If you can separate what would be played better on iPhone or ipad

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It really depends on what kinds of games you like. But I'll recommend The World Ends With You anyway, for story, gameplay and music. It's a very different kind of RPG. I played it on an iPhone 4S, so you certainly don't need to use your iPad for that.

If you're a complete iOS newbie, other staples include The Room (the whole series); Sorcery 1-4 and/or 80 Days (which is on sale now); Transistor; Teeny Titans; Sky Force Reloaded; Monster Hunter Freedom Unite; and Goblin Sword. All are perfect on the phone, though it's nice playing The Room series and Transistor on a bigger screen.

Have fun!

3. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    I love RPGs/action adventure/visual novels/ the only puzzle I like are the stacking kind like Tetris or bust-a-move/ horror/side scroller
    The only issue I see with side scrolling is my hands can't really play sidescrolling on the iPad because of the large screen but I have the mfi controller

4. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    But yeah looking for staples for the platform but this time not only just for my iPad but I got an iPhone 5s to split it with now.

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Device 6, Ace Attorney (all games, since Apollo Justice is coming), A Dark Room, Mage Gauntlet, Steins;Gate, Swordigo, Year Walk, Wayward Souls (if you don't mind the rogue aspect), Ghost Trick, Attack the Light.

All of them play greatly on iphone.

6. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    I love rogue games

7. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Oh well, in that case, try the Michael Brough games 868-HACK and Imbroglio. They are like nothing else. And I reckon they're better on the phone, as they're so condensed, though there's nothing stopping you playing them on an iPad.

Sproggiwood is another great roguelike. And everyone has been raving about Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I haven't got that myself yet.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #8 Dankrio, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    I have to give them a try, since I've heard so many great things.

I am afraid that I am not smart enough to enjoy them, though. lol

So, I strongly recommend Wayward Souls (it was even the game of the year here on Touch Arcade). The controls are perfect on iphone and the action is so much fun, even if it is very hard!

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    The best rogues I've played are Sproggiwood and Hoplite.

10. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Faster Than Light
    80 Days
    Downwell