★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming Platform Game: Suzy Cube

02-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Love those squared off thumbs! Serious though, this approach to animating a tutorial is brilliant.
02-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Suzy Cube Update: February 16, 2018

I had a couple days carved out of my week, so not a huge update. What I did get around to was completing decoration work on Level 5-2

I'm also about half way through decorating level 5-3.

This means I'm almost done decorating all of the game's levels! We're going to have plenty of nice polished content to show off at GDC this year!

Speaking of which, I had a really productive call with Noodlecake yesterday to discuss our plans for the conference. We want to make sure we'll be showing folks some cool new stuff like levels which we haven't showcased before as well as some of the forthcoming changes to the game's UI.

That's actually it, really. With Monday off due to Carnaval and spending a big chunk of Wednesday making truffles to surprise my wife on Valentine's Day, it's been a bit of a Suzy light week.

Keep checking in as March rolls in to follow us on our journey to GDC 2018!
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Suzy Cube Update: February 23, 2018

Hiya, folks! Happy Friday!

So, continuing the decoration work from last week, I'm almost done with Level 5-4!

Once I finish decorating the level and optimize the lightmap, that'll will be it for level decoration!! OGM, this is happening!!

It's been taking me a weirdly long time to decorate this one for whatever reason.

For future projects, I will definitely invest more time into front loading and automating the sort of rote, mindless decoration tasks in order to get levels to a shippable state without so much tedium.

I also worked on our GDC debug menu!

In addition to allowing us quick access to some hand picked levels to show off (blurred out because I haven't decided what these will be yet), this year's menu also gives us a big fat PLAY button to simulate a first time play experience. This will be perfect for handing the game to new players at the conference!

I also added functionality which should, honestly, have been there from day one. We can now enter the name of any scene in the project and hit the load button to load it up! Very handy for debugging, footage capture, etc.

Other that some not-so-notable bug fixes, that's been it for this week. I'm off to finish decorating Level 5-4. Have yourselves a great weekend, and I'll see you all next week!