Another $20 gift token up for grabs!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by javamex, Jun 14, 2013.

1. javamex

javamex Well-Known Member

#1 javamex, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    I have another $20 prize up for grabs for reviewing one of my apps. This time, it is a French-related app, "Utter French!", designed to help learners with pronunciation. The app is normally $2.99, but for the competition period is free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/utter-french!/id538445336?mt=8

As with my previous competition, the prize will go to the review judged overall to be most informative for those potentially buying the app.

As US users will openly see, a couple of people have abused the system by leaving "doesn't work" type reviews. The prize will obviously go to proper reviews. (If you do find a bug and wish to report it, please report it properly so that it can be investigated!)

Once you have left your review, please leave a note here or send me a PM with the user name and app store that you left your review at. To qualify, I must be able to see your review in the developer console (it doesn't matter if it hasn't appeared on iTunes yet).

Please get your reviews in by Sunday, so that I can pick the winner on Monday :)

The prize will be available in one of the following forms, subject to your preference and availability:

- UK/US iTunes gift card or token
    - Amazon gift token
    - Paypal payment

Good luck and I look forward to seeing people's reviews! You may like to check out the link above to my previous competition for some tips on what were considered to be good reviews last time!

2. jasongod

jasongod New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    #2 jasongod, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    Hello,I'm going to review your app

I'm interested in learning French recently and I'll try my best to win the prize you mention above :)

Updates: review already sent,still can't be seen in the store now

3. javamex

Please PM with details

There's a couple of reviews I can see in the developer portal that may not have shown up in the App Store yet. Please send me a PM with the country/user name that you left the review under. Thanks!

4. FrankiePard

FrankiePard Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
  5. jasongod

jasongod New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    I downloaded it from US. iTunes store,and my user is jasongod too,thanks

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Downloaded from US store, will PM when I review it.

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
  8. javamex

A few hours left!

Many thanks for all those who have left reviews so far.

If anyone else wishes to enter, please leave your review ASAP (I recommend today), so that the reviews are visible when I go to judge them tomorrow evening.

Good luck!

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Waiting patiently...
    Did I include my appstore country in the PM I sent you? If not, it's the US.

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
  11. javamex

Thank you - entries to be judged shortly

Many thanks for people's reviews. The competition is now closed and the reviews will be judged shortly and the result announced here. Please watch this space...

12. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    good luck, fellow entrants. Not too much though.

13. jasongod

jasongod New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    OMG,javemex,i just found my name is not jasongod like what said before,it's truth we trust !!!!

14. javamex

Winner announced!

Many thanks for everybody's entries.

After quite a bit of deliberation, a $20 iTunes Gift Card goes to @GreySkull.

It was a close call and there were various good entries. Notable contenders included:

- I liked the level of detail of @jasongod's review, though in the end decided it was just slightly too long for potential downloaders to read through and that the overt reference to toucharcade might be off-putting;
    - I also liked @FrankiePard and @Infinity89's reviews, but thought they could do with just one or two more sentences of detail

Many thanks again for everybody's participation and I look forward to your entries in my next competition!

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks, Javamex! And for any developers holding this type of promotion, follow Javamex's example. Ask for itunes id's via PM. If you don't know why, don't run a contest.

And fellow entrants...use your head! I saw a review that stated he or she read this thread. Words fail me.

Thanks again, Javamex. Now it's Turnado time!