Universal Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia - (by Minoraxis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    :eek: Paladin class!?!?! Sold! :D

2. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Seems like all action rpgs keep getting worse and worse.

Zenonia 3 was just unplayable becasue of the extremely zoomed out perspective and small character, fantastic knight had the hyper speed problem, chroisen was to zoomed out and to fast as well.

Inotia 2, that was a great game, perfect zoom level and speed, good story, perfect balance and an awesome item system.

How does this game fare in terms of those problems?

3. firedog

firedog Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    $1.99 is an instant buy from me!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #24 undeadcow, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    After beta testing I highly recommend Exitium to anyone who likes KRPGs especially for $1.99, which is a steal. My biggest compliant is that there was a lot of grinding. The storyline is excellent and mechanics were really solid. To me it played a lot more fluidly than Zenonia 1/2. Each character class has it's own storyline (overlapping with others but separate) and gameplay style. Good art design, plot, and gameplay but fetch quest heavy. Balance is good, playing as Mage it skills were accessible (not too expensive on mana) and fun to use. The game has a good weapon upgrade system where after use you can performance limited enhancements on weapons and armor (leveling them up in a way).

5. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    That's why I try not to judge fps by videos. However, point still stands: nearly all of these games have shitty framerates, from the Maple Story games to the Zenonia games. And it seems to mostly have to do with the fact that they build them in a way that is easy to port to other cellphones, locking down the fps at around a horrible meager 15. Absolutely incomparable to actual solid iPhone 2D titles like for example Soosiz (download the lite, compare the smoothness of that with any KRPG you've played and just imagine how much more fun those RPG's would be like that).

6. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Is this compatible with iPhone 3G? I know that pretty much none of the 2D style RPGs released in the last year or so are compatible with iPhone 3G, is this one no exception? It's highly misleading because developers like gamevil tend to NEVER put the compatible devices in their damn app description. Yes it runs, but at like 5fps, which is unacceptable.

7. bballweekend

bballweekend Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    ver 1.0.1

The version on the deck is 1.0.1, not 1.0.0. We updated the game even before it was released. Nearly 20 big and small changes were made to the ver 1.0.0 and the number probably exceeds 100 since the beta build you tested. All in all, it's a lot more polished now :)

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Always excited for another quality KRPG, heheh. This one is freaking cheap too.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    holy crap this game looks friggin sweet!!!!!! definitely gonna have to get this... =oD

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

11. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Man, i can't wait. I love action RPGs. And this one looks soo good

12. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Hmm, this actually looks smooth! Things do seem to move too fast but still, props for actually doing a hi-res and fluid action RPG.

13. OrionnoirO

OrionnoirO Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Anderson,IN
    I dont usually get into rpgs like this, but, this one has me tempted from that video and the description of the features... And if it gets updated, it could be even better...

14. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    So no processor cap for ipad2 users? like in the days where dos games ran at 500x speed on win98 machines?

Animation cycle looks too high in that vid.

15. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Jesus somebody give us some opinions!

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So does HD mean retina enabled? Much of the game is a bit blurry. Is this:

[​IMG]

the way it is supposed to look? The menus are blurry, the text and UI are blurry and I thought at least that much should look crisp!

17. bballweekend

Jan 5, 2009
    The game runs smooth and fast on iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 4G, iPad and iPad2. There's a speed option in case it runs too fast :)

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This looks leaps and bounds better than fantasy knight.

19. PitBullTA

PitBullTA Member

Aug 10, 2011
    From the screen I'd say its not HD support.

20. bballweekend

Jan 5, 2009
    This is how the game looks on iPad.

And it looks almost identical on retina display. Click to view them in real size.

Attached Files: