How to kill this beast

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by doublezz, Dec 10, 2009.

1. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Ravensword, in the cemetery there are 2 entries which take you into a forest, and in the forest you will meet 2 Orcs, one is huge as the following picture!

[​IMG]

I brought 50 blast arrows but still not able to kill it and the normal arrow does not work [message shows “only blast arrow harms it]”!

Anyone knows how many blast arrow I need to deal with it?
    :confused:

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you need 100 blast arrows to beat that guy - but when you do,
    you get unlimited magic with the amulet of mana. then you are basically invincible. :D

3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Josh I killed the ogre, and no amulet. I tapped everywhere on that big sumbitch, and nothing. So I closed the game and reopened it, and the ogre was alive again. Only the 120 blast arrows I had, was now only 20. So it saved me killing him, but he didn't really die....any advice, or a possible explanation? Otherwise the game's pretty dang good.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    in the words of another dude on the forums "you have to click on his 'nads"

5. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Damn it, I thought I felt him up pretty good. Oh well I'll try again. One thing I have to say josh, is most of the Big baddies in this game, easily fall victim to glitch kills. They kinda get stuck on the scenery and then it's just a shooting gallery. Also I'm sure these have been answered a million times, isn't there a second secret area in this new update? What the hell does the singing rune do? And are there more than just two runes?

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    The enemies aren't that smart at the moment, but that will improve in the expansion. The two secret areas are the dungeon of lamneth that leads to the forest of lamneth. There are 4 magical runes. The singing rune will send the lesser enemies away screaming and it also opens the gates to Sytheria.
    Hope that helps.

7. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Thanks Josh! Sorry for asking redundant questions. 4 runes huh? Well I don't want you to give away everything;) Thanks again for the stellar game, I look forward to the expansion.

8. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I just found another unbelievable beast which is located at the end of the cliff, I'm at level 15 with 90% health but get 1 hit die

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    That would be the Mega Troll :cool:

10. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    the jump on head 1 ?

11. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Im actually scared of going to the graveyard

12. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    After googling, I finally finished "Mega Troll" by leading it into a narrow track then climb on the cliff and jump onto its head.

You know the rest.

13. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    OK, finally I did that. I got 180 blast arrow and used 93 arrows to kill it so probably you need to prepare 100 blast arrows.

After killing this monster, I get amulet of mana from its body. Then after exploring this forest, I find another orc (Little one) so use the rest of your blast arrow to kill it (probably in 4 or 5 shots) and I find a huge box, inside of the box I get "Lightning rune"

So my suggestion is go to the cliff to kill Mega Troll first because it's easy and all weapons damages it. Then you get enough money after killing it and now you can go to the shop to get enough blast arrow.

14. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    the singing rune opens up the dungeon door @ the one in the starting quest where u save the guys daughter, where I died int he lava last time I was playing (car dealership... bleck)

Me too, after seeing that guy its one of the last on my lists... hes just standing there bleeding, arm-less

15. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    You gotta make him stuck between some small trees.

16. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    Well I think I've completed the game since I've saved the king, killed all the hard monsters, collected all the runes, completed all the missions (Except the gambling and horse riding one which can be repeat all the time) so I'm looking forward to the expansion! When will it becomes available?

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    how long do you think it took to do everything?

18. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I purchased this game in yesterday afternoon, around 4:00 PM, then completed the above on 10:00 AM.

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    did you play straight through til morning? thats 18 hours!
    My guess - you slept for 8-10 hours

20. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    That's correct! Also I spend some time on eating and bathing...etc:D

So I think for the main thread of the game, I could finish in 2 hours. But for everything, probably I'll need 5-6 hours.