What the hell???!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jak56, Dec 10, 2009.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

what the hell???

i've been trying to download the updates for A.D.D., cell war and flickitty for the last half hour os so, but every time the updates finish downloading, they end up returning to the previous version and in the updates section, it says the updates havent been downloaded!! i've downloaded the updates at least 6 times already but it still wont work!:mad::mad::mad:

what should i do? have any of you got this problem???:confused::confused::confused:

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    er..this has been happening for a wehile now

3. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Yeah, this problem occurred with a few games on my iPhone a couple days ago. It seems to be random, and only occurs with UPDATES, which is frustrating.

4. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Happening to me too... I want the Flickitty update :D

btw, please think of a more informative Thread name next time...

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    the game is updated, but it just doesnt remove itself from the updates screen

but if you enter the game, it should be updated

no need to continue updating it, eventually it will disappear

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@vingdoloras

i thought this thread name would make people interested.

i also want to vent out my anger somewhere and throwing my ipod has already been done:/

7. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    But one thing:
    All games are updating on my phone/mac. They are updated on the device, but it still says "update available"... BUT they ARE already updated

except... flickitty ( D: ) ... For no reason it just returns to the old app logo right after updating on my phone, and its still 1.04 ... Same on mac :(

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

for me, none of the apps are updating-logo goes back to old one after update

it;s really quite annoying

9. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I have a similar problem. Lets say that Cliffed! gets an update. I'll type in my password, and the update will download. I go into Cliffed! to play it, and the update worked. After i'm done playing, it says that Cliffed still has an update. Its not a big problem, but it gets annoying.

10. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Yes but others want to know what the thread is about, and not that you want their attention (but yes if you named it "Updates dont work" or something I wouldnt have answered to it :p)

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    This happens every so often for me with various games - just ignore them and they will eventually sort themselves out.

Am pretty sure one way to trigger this is go to the game's page and "download" it when the new version is uploaded, but not posted yet (this always happens for a short while when an app is updated...)

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

exactly

and @gryphon-it's not that it updates and it still shows it needs an update, it's that the update downloads, but after the update is downloaded, the app reverts to it's older version(icon too) and it says the update is available

13. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Thats what I only experience with Flickitty... Whats weird: I synced to my mac, the killed flickitty from phone and redownloaded it via iPhone app store. It downloaded, but right after finishing the icon changed to the old 1.04 icon and the app was in version 1.04 again... Why does apple hate this great game?!?!?

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

got flickitty now at least, but cell war and add wont update:(

15. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    this has been happening with me too and i found a way to fix it. go to the app store on ur touch/iphone then on the bottom categories click top 25 and scroll to the bottom and you should see your itunes username click it then click sign out. then exit the app store application and reopen it and go back to the top 25 category and scroll down and click sign in then sign in and go to your updates and update the apps that are available and when it done updating the app should say its installed an it should disappear when you click back. it worked for me hope it works for you:)

16. This really bugged me too, but I found a solution:

1. Download the updates on your iPhone / Touch.
    2. Immediately transfer purchases to your PC. Or sync.
    3. If the apps still haven't updated, use iTunes on your PC to download them --> go to Applications, then at the bottom, click Updates Available. Then sync.