Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2012, 06:42 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua View Post
the one and only version that i am interested in is the ORIGINAL jordan mechner version with the 8bit style graphic and sound. no enhancement whatsoever. nada.

why couldn't those nincompoops at ubisoft understand this?
yeah what a bunch of nincompoops, updating a game to provide a modern experience don't they care about MY NEEDS, and ONLY my needs

Last edited by Filing Cabinet; 04-14-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, Retro's original controls were fantastic, and I didn't really mind the update version either. I don't know why they pulled it though... especially considering an update came out not too long ago.
Agreed, not sure why they had to pull out the retro version since it was really good. I love the feel of that game, updated but still retro. They could just give people 2 options, I'm sure many fans wouldn't mind purchasing twice to have both games.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

WTF is up with EA and Ubisoft pulling games left and right after people buy them?

I bought retro a month or so ago when this classic version first hit the street. I did not buy this one at the time because the retro seemed more appealing. Now that they pulled retro, I definitely will not buy this one. And it it really makes me think twice about purchasing another Ubisoft title. Don't these publishers understand they damage their brand when they do stuff like this? Very short sited.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:42 PM

Default Game Impressions

After playing the game for a bit more, I can safely say that the game is definitely easier than the original or the retro version. They've put a lot of tweaks like the auto-walking speed slow down near objects, auto sword when there's enemy, etc. The butterfly and the map (which I find hard to understand) might be too much as it kills the exploration side of the game, but I'm happy they can be turned off.

Gameplay wise, it's a much better experience than the retro version, as the controls and those aforementioned tweaks tighten things up.

Look & feel wise, the retro still holds that nostalgic value, but I can appreciate the art in this too. Such a shame they pulled the retro though. The ideal solution would be like Monkey Island where we can swap between the two visual+music at anytime during playthough.