Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #401 Plast2, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    The cap for you current level is 50, though it is not specifically your level deciding, but your reputation. At lvl 19 though, I suspect you have not yet reached Legendary, where the cap will increase to 70.

There are no absolute maximum level to reach. DC2 will offer you new challenges for as long as you enjoy the game :p

Main Menu -> Extras -> Game Manual

It's all right at your fingertips :)

As above; there is no definitive maximum. As long as you enjoy the game, that's as long as you'll be able to find new challenges in DC2 :p

2. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #402 Plast2, Jun 1, 2012
    Well, Dwarves are some seriously tough-skinned fellas. Excellent to stop, or split, some tough opponents, as they have a lot of Health and a heap of Armor. They self-upgrade and can have their weapons and armor further upgraded.

The Black Market is run by some shifty characters, and you might be able to buy a great piece of armor, or great weapon, for a much lower price than in the regular stores. - Or you might end up buying... umm, the opposite. :p

3. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Thank you!

4. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Just finished everything with Melwen, she's the easiest character to use, controlling a bunch of overpowered mage guilds with huge attack range. On the other hand, so far the general proved to be the worst hero and/or the hardest to use.
    - Can only attack ground units
    - Can only attack one unit at a time
    - Guild always placed right before the exit which is easy for enemies to slip by since he only attacks 1 at a time
    - Point-blank range, enemies gotta be right beside him for him to notice
    - About the same damage as melwen so I don't see what's the point of this guy except maybe killing enemies that are completely immune to magic
    For some reason I'm unable to upgrade the knights past level 5 for the general, don't see any skill that allows upgrading past level 5 into R3 units?

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    heh, I find General easier than Melwen. With Cunning you get lots of gold so can build lots of lizardmen and archers/rangers, which are overpowered and have a huge attack range thanks to Bowmen Commander :)

Knights are R3 units.

6. RazvanGNR

Apr 18, 2011
    #406 RazvanGNR, Jun 1, 2012
    I just finished the final level Hellstrand!
    Is this how the story ends? It must be continued!

7. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah, you just haven't used General enough. IMO he's definitely the best overall hero. Mainly because his archer and infantry buffs, and cunning.

8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Also, the General can get a medal that gives him a splash attack, so he can attack multiple units. By "finished everything," do you mean beat all the levels at the starting difficulty? 'Cuz there's a long, long way to go past there.

9. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Congratulations!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[size=+3]DEFENDER CHRONICLES II:
    HEROES OF ATHELIA
    [/size]

[size=+2]Touch Arcade Forums
    Game of the Week
    23/05/2012
    [/size]

[thread=135705][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135706][​IMG][/thread]

[thread=135704][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135721][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135723][​IMG][/thread] [thread=35664][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135799][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135703][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135708][​IMG][/thread]

[size=+2]Thanks a lot for your votes![/size]

Check out this week's new releases
    [thread=118476]HERE[/thread]

Start nominating your 30/05/2012 TAGOTW
    [thread=136467]HERE[/thread]

Visit 2012 TAGOTW Hall of Fame and Archives
    [thread=119439]HERE[/thread]

- DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AGAIN -

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    So play Lovell? I have a level 80 Melwen, would a level 80 Lovell be better?

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I haven’t done any serious calculations, but I’m liking Underfell for leveling up. A little long but you get LOTS of XP. Over 10,000 XP for a non-perfect win on Heroic. I think maybe 8,000+ on Master.

For best XP, play the regular campaign mode, and play the highest difficulty you can win, even if it’s nor a perfect win. For instance, if you 4-star by beating Master but letting some creeps through, you get a ton more XP than if you 4-star a perfect game on Casual.

For best Tokens, play Freestyle.

P.S. I feel like DC2 is actually less grindy than DC1. I started with the General stuck with him through the end of the maps (3-4 stars) then went back to work up to 5-star victories, and now I’ve 5-starred all but one and am starting to 6-star (err, big-star) the levels. At no point did I feel like I couldn’t proceed without a lot of grinding. Certain specific maps/goals, yes, I had to wait on. But I could go back and add a star to some other level, at least.

I also have easily enough tokens for Lovell :) I haven’t bought much in the Store, which helps: I’ve been saving my tokens for higher-rep items. But I have unlocked a lot of Secrets. And I still have never needed any IAP.

At this rate, when I bore of the General earning more stars and start fresh with Melwen, by the time she beats all the maps even on Casual I’ll probably have enough for the priest guy. And I’ll never have done much straight-up grinding, just kept working on getting more stars at higher difficulty levels.

Whereas with DC1 I know I did some pure grinding of the same level/settings over and over at times to earn Tokens. (And I never did beat the final map of DC1, nor have I ever seen a horse! I’m not even sure horses are real... but I aim to unlock them in DC2!)

12. RazvanGNR

Apr 18, 2011
    When do you unlock the White Wizard rank?

13. vapourtrail

vapourtrail Member

May 7, 2009
    I have the white wizard but none of the elite infantry yet. Don't remember exactly when/how I got the wizard, but i think it was once I got all heroes to a 4 rep.

14. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

November's Chopin, Melwen and General have different gameplay style. Melwen relies mostly on herself while General relies on his soldiers.

By knights, do you mean the Warriors? Check the hero screen. There are 8 medals. One of the medal is "Warrior of Chaos". Once you unlock that (by reaching reputation of respected), you can upgrade Warriors to Berserkers.

15. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Agas, thanks for the contest and thanks to Touch Arcade forum members for the votes!

We are here to stay and to support the game. We already have 10 maps planned for update!
    v1.0.1 is already submitted on May 25 and is just waiting for Apple approval.
    v1.1 will be submitted afterward and it has a new map, a new enemy and several more new features.

Happy defending! ;)

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Congrats (though I had little doubt over the outcome ;))!

Gimka, are there any plans for a traditional RPG comparison interface? Simply, another equipment info windows that pops up below the window for the currently tapped item, showing the stats of whatever item is equipped in the relevant slot (or slots, for the accesories).

If you want to make it really helpful and convenient :), add little arrows next to every stat in the window for the unequipped item, indicating whether the stat is an improvement or reduction (along the lines of green upwards arrows for the former, red downwards for the latter, but tailored to the DC2 graphical style).

(An alternative would be to expand the info pop-ups for items and simply display the stats of the equipped item in brackets next to the stats of the unequipped, color-coded for improvement or reduction.)

Looking forward to 1.0.1, so that I can start selling off pages of loot, perversely self-aware cheap bastard that I am ;)

17. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Treasure hunt

What is the treasure hunt like and what do you do on it?

Also is it odds on, or odds off to win the million?

18. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Please add someway to compare items.

19. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Congrats on well deserved game of the week! I gotta say I'm bummed the way this forum almost turned me off from the game. All the complaining and not enough praise. I never played the first and am not a big tower defense fan but this game is the dogs balls man! I have been playing like crazy, it's like crack. I've got General to level 75 and plenty of tokens.

20. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    My point was just that Melwen isn't objectively better than Lovell. They're both cool (Lovell's best point is probably the +2% dmg per level of bow commander), so why not do both of them? I got Lovell up to Glorious (unlocked Lendary), and now I'm working on Melwen.