★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Last year's indie hit ElectroTrains returns! More ElectroTrains has six new maps of train madness, improved neon graphics and is optimised for the latest HD devices.

*** Praise for ElectroTrains ***
"ElectroTrains is proof that train games don't need to be boring" (IGN)

Top Rated Game - "LED powered train madness" 5/5 stars (What's on iPhone)

*** About the game ***
How long can you keep the railway running smoothly?

Electric blue, red and green trains approach - can you guide them to the right stations and safely away without crashing? Switch the points to send the trains to the correctly colored stations. Tap the trains to speed them up and avoid collisions. Once you've delivered your passengers, send the trains on their onward journeys to make room for new arrivals at the junction.

Simple controls - tap to switch points and signals, tap to speed up the trains.

UNLOCKABLE MAPS
More Electrotrains has six new maps - some easy, some hard.

VECTOR GRAPHICS
Features super smooth and stylish electro-looks and is optimised for the Retina iPad and the larger screens of newer iPods and iPhones.

MEDALS & ONLINE LEADERBOARDS
Get medals for your in-game achievements - can you collect them all?
Compare your score with other players around the world.

WANT MORE?
Like the game? Want to play more maps? Search for ElectroTrains on the app store to download and play the original game.
05-18-2013, 03:18 PM
The first ElectroTrains was pure awesomeness and has never left my device. This should be aweeeeeeesome.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

05-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I love electro - I reasonably like trains. Another sequel where I've never heard of the original. Catching this one now though.
05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Wow - this is far harder than i thought it would be. In a good way though. Wondered what the point of the traffic lights were until another train appeared. It is very good and I presume it must get rock hard.
05-19-2013, 01:57 PM
ElectroTrains developer here - that's nice - just when I was thinking that I should post on TouchArcade to announce the game, I discover that there's already a little thread going!

Anyway, I'm glad people are enjoying the game, and if anyone has any questions or suggestions I'm happy to answer.

I did a sequel mainly because I wasn't 100% happy with the first game, especially the way the track was drawn, which looked pretty shoddy on a retina iPad, and making each map was a load of work that had to be repeated if I wasn't happy with the way it played.

So I decided to build each map from individual pieces of track like a toy railway, and spent a while getting the geometry right so the curves and straights would all meet up properly. Now I've got a nice map editor that lets me edit and modify tracks really easily, and drawing the track in the game is easy and looks much much better I think.

I'll probably add to the game over the next few months like I did with the original - maybe even include the track editor if I can figure out a good way for people make and share maps.

I was planning to start promoting More ElectroTrains this coming week - as part of that the original game will be free for a few days. Watch here for a post, or follow me and I'll tweet when it goes free.

05-19-2013, 02:11 PM
The first ElectroTrains was fantastic, so I'm totally looking forward to this. Vector Graphics + Trains = The Perfect App! Downloading now!
05-20-2013, 06:06 AM
The original version of ElectroTrains is now free for a limited time.

12-23-2014, 05:15 AM
Now on Android

Just to let the board know, More ElectroTrains now has an Android version, developed by my old friend Andrew Murdoch.

Link to the play store

He had access to the original code and graphics, so it should be 100% faithful to the original, which might either be a bad thing or a good thing depending on your viewpoint :-)

He's now hard at work on converting the first ElectoTrains game, which should be available soonish.

01-06-2015, 05:18 PM
ElectroTrains free on Android

Hi,
So as Robin says, I've been porting and adapting ElectroTrains for Android and it's now available for free here:

ElectroTrains on Google Play Store

I hope you enjoy it and if so please rate it and tell your friends.

Regards,
Andy.