Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyChunks View Post
Speaking of Zulu and games, there is a game from 80s on ZX Spectrum and likely on Commodore 64 titled Zulu and which had a cassette art from the film Zulu. It was actually a very good turn based strategy game for 48k memory aystem. You'd see a village from top down view with huts, or trees, and maybe rocks scattered around. British forces could be formed in rectangular or square formations only this having their mobility limited, but had superior firepower. The Zulu were all individually moving mob of little men who could move around obstacles and swarm the British.
Here is a link where you could see this prehistoric game. It's kind of cool. http://youtu.be/T9ZFVKe3VzA
Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Bug?

Zulus on the Ramparts HD does not seem to save my settings. Despite turning off the sound, music and tutorial, each time I quit the game using multitasking bar, they turn back on...

Last edited by iPadisGreat; 02-23-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM

iPhone version is out for 5.99
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Bug?

Zulus on the Ramparts HD does not seem to save my settings. Despite turning off the sound, music and tutorial, each time I quit the game using multitasking bar, they turn back on...
Yep, I think I've seen that too.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
- Zulus on the Ramparts HD does not seem to save my settings
- Yep, I think I've seen that too.
would one or both of you email the devs with this concern? i already sent one so maybe if they get a few more they'll include a fix in the first update.

<edit>
thinking about it a little more if you save your game then all settings are retained when you load that game and each NEW game gives you the chance to make NEW settings. so if your wife also wanted to play a game she could start a NEW game and have the opportunity to enter her own player name. so maybe it isn't broken.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 02-24-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
would one or both of you email the devs with this concern? i already sent one so maybe if they get a few more they'll include a fix in the first update.

<edit>
thinking about it a little more if you save your game then all settings are retained when you load that game and each NEW game gives you the chance to make NEW settings. so if your wife also wanted to play a game she could start a NEW game and have the opportunity to enter her own player name. so maybe it isn't broken.
I tried that after reading your post.

Loaded Zulus on the Ramparts!, turned off sound, music and tutorial then started a new game, then saved.

Quit the game, then restarted it. Heard the blaring singing again, then clicked load game. It just gets stuck at the loading screen with the music the first time round. I had time for my breakfast and a phone call and it was still loading...

Soft rebooted my iPad, tried again. Same result.

How did you get your savegame to load and how long did it take? As my savegame did not load, unable to compare whether the settings are saved per saved game as you posted.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I tried that after reading your post.

Loaded Zulus on the Ramparts!, turned off sound, music and tutorial then started a new game, then saved.

Quit the game, then restarted it. Heard the blaring singing again, then clicked load game. It just gets stuck at the loading screen with the music the first time round. I had time for my breakfast and a phone call and it was still loading...

Soft rebooted my iPad, tried again. Same result.

How did you get your savegame to load and how long did it take? As my savegame did not load, unable to compare whether the settings are saved per saved game as you posted.
That is an interesting issue, right threre. The game isn't even 20M but it takes a lot of huge pauses loading various screens, or even loading a saved game. At 20M I'd think it really easy to just load the whole lot into RAM and never need to "load" anything within the game.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

I suspect that the Zulus on the Ramparts! might be actually a compressed file and is uncompressing each time it is loaded into the iPad's RAM. If so, that would explain the tiny file size and the long loads...