Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2014, 07:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

upgrade your runes by equipping them and using them.

I have gotten into playing this game a lot. on my 17th day, can't wait to get my 1st claidham or whatever. I think I'm gonna take either the green one that destroys purple or the final one that destroys corrupt.

kinda annoyed by how equip doesn't necessarily seem to work though. like, I had 56% crit from equip/runes and I rarely saw the "crit hit" message. abandoned that build for drain and attack but now I've found a pretty nice piece of armor with 19% extra move and I'm wondering if I should drop the 85k (plus 2 new rune slots ugh) for something that may or may not even work.

I think the difficulty of this game is what keeps me coming back.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIMDUNG View Post
upgrade your runes by equipping them and using them.

I have gotten into playing this game a lot. on my 17th day, can't wait to get my 1st claidham or whatever. I think I'm gonna take either the green one that destroys purple or the final one that destroys corrupt.

kinda annoyed by how equip doesn't necessarily seem to work though. like, I had 56% crit from equip/runes and I rarely saw the "crit hit" message. abandoned that build for drain and attack but now I've found a pretty nice piece of armor with 19% extra move and I'm wondering if I should drop the 85k (plus 2 new rune slots ugh) for something that may or may not even work.

I think the difficulty of this game is what keeps me coming back.
Extra move is not really worth stacking. I think we figured out that it is only once per attack cycle. So if the monster attacks every 4 turns, then there is a X% chance that it will be every 5 turns. No chance it will be 6 at all.

Drain definitely is not linear -- 40 drain is better than 20 drain, but not twice as good, and it certainly doesn't do 40%. I think you want drain on your weapon if you can find a good one, and on armor I want crit or an element resist.

I stopped playing for a few weeks and am now slowly working through the last two zones.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:04 AM

Hello all. I've been lurking - read all 31 pages - and never actually posted. Gotten many good tips. Thanks to all.

Here's a question I haven't seen answered: does anyone know when the gold "3" runes start appearing in the store? I have decided to stop using my silver Steal Life 2, Extra Move Chance 2, etc. because I figure "using" rune points on them is a waste. Just curious when people started noticing them.

Also: I'm on Temple of Earth right now and I don't see how to open up the last two enemy spots. I've beaten all the monsters close to those two spots and they're still locked. My guess is that I will have to beat all the monsters on the map, not just the ones close to the locked spots.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:51 AM

I can answer at least one of my own questions. I didn't see any gold "3" runes at all through my character being level 15. Shortly after I hit level 16 a gold Critical Boost 3 showed up in the store. I am currently in the Temple of Earth.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:46 AM

I'll answer my other question as well in case anyone comes here looking for the answer.

In the Temple of Earth there is a path straight through to the boss but you can't actually get to the boss by only defeating those monsters down the middle path. I didn't get the last two monster spots to open up until I had defeated every other monster on the level. I went down the middle first and then finished the lower arm of the map. Finishing the lower arm first did not open up the path to the boss. Then I finished the upper arm and it did open up those last two spots. It's possible that it opens after you finish the top arm and the bottom arm is irrelevant - but I assume you have to finish both. Compare that to the next level, Denkuts Cavern, where you really can take a very short path to the boss and avoid about 75% of the map. It appears that this is possible in the next level also - Temple of Spark - but I haven't gotten to the boss yet.